Market Share

Zarich

Limp Gawd
With the 79xx series now the most recommended GPUS, I wonder if the market share will tip in AMDs favor.

they do have their chips in BOTH new consoles, that has to pay something

Bitcoin has been a big win for AMD the last couple years

and lately they are even killing it at folding

I have no worries about the profitability of team red on the video side...CPUs, not so much

they do have their chips in BOTH new consoles, that has to pay something

Bitcoin has been a big win for AMD the last couple years

and lately they are even killing it at folding

I have no worries about the profitability of team red on the video side...CPUs, not so much

Drivers? What good is hardware if you can't pay people to develop drivers? ;) There is a reason nVidia never really changed their pricing scheme... they do not need to.

I'm not saying they don't have their problems. I am all too familiar with their driver frustration.

I do not think they are in any trouble though, certainly not swirling the drain like some would have you believe.

Okay that survey shocked the heck out of me. First off.. the number of people playing on intel crap systems.. and amd only at 33%.. honestly I thought it was nearly split.

With the 79xx series now the most recommended GPUS, I wonder if the market share will tip in AMDs favor.

I don't think they are recommended.

Here is how they did last quarter.

4Zs7EVB.jpg

Drivers? What good is hardware if you can't pay people to develop drivers? ;) There is a reason nVidia never really changed their pricing scheme... they do not need to.

I think AMD driver woes are ugely over hyped here on H. For the most part most people don't have any issues with them and for those that do well go over to NVidia forums and they are also loaded with peeps that have issues. In the end I think that for most people both AMD and Nvidia make solid drivers that enable most of us to play games the way its meant to be played ;-)

I think AMD driver woes are ugely over hyped here on H. For the most part most people don't have any issues with them and for those that do well go over to NVidia forums and they are also loaded with peeps that have issues. In the end I think that for most people both AMD and Nvidia make solid drivers that enable most of us to play games the way its meant to be played ;-)

HardOCP 2012 AMD and Nvidia Driver Performance Summary Review

I think that reason has more to do with Nvidia being a more recognizable brand. 33% market share implies Nvidia has some sort of significant technological lead, which they really don't.

Steam reports my laptop as Intel Video but it's not the case I use a hybrid setup with Intel/AMD 7650. So I would tend to believe the results are not entirely accurate

Back