• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MARATHON (Bungie)

I just hope Guerilla Games survives when Hunters Gathering flops. Still wishing for that og Killzone remake.
 
Season 2 details have dropped:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/welcome_season_2

Highlights include:

- Free play week June 2 to coincide with the start of the season
- Dire marsh night mode map with reduced player count and a survival horror focus
- Return of the duo queue running on a daily map rotation
- New runner shell ‘Sentinel’
- Less grind for faction levels and more rewarding faction contracts

Everything seems good to me, can’t wait for it!
 
I just hope Guerilla Games survives when Hunters Gathering flops. Still wishing for that og Killzone remake.
Why give actual paying customers what they want? They’re all ick mummy’s boys living in their parent’s basement.

That’s my assumption on what some of their devs in charge probably think.

At least they could maybe license out the engine to more studios to make money. I prefer if over Unoptimized Engine 5.
 
1789797324946.png


Oof.
 
It was too be expected. While the engine may be top notch, the art direction is terrible. And the extraction shooter is now an overcrowded market. Compounded on top of that is that Bungie isn't really Bungie anymore. It's mostly new people that don't have the same core understanding of what gamers want to play. So you end up with all new people producing slop, on a great FPS engine they inherited.

You also can't ignore the low quality expansions Destiny 2 was receiving recently, lowering players' trust in Bungie. And on top of that the removal of large amounts of content that people paid for further eroding that trust.
 
I mean I just don't get who this game was going to appeal to.

At what point of their market research did it seem like extraction shooter was the way to go? Who actually looked at Bungie and legitimately wanted them to make this game?

ARC Raiders seemed about a thousand times less hostile to players and was practically lightning in a bottle on top and even it's fizzled a lot at this point.
 
I mean I just don't get who this game was going to appeal to.

At what point of their market research did it seem like extraction shooter was the way to go? Who actually looked at Bungie and legitimately wanted them to make this game?

ARC Raiders seemed about a thousand times less hostile to players and was practically lightning in a bottle on top and even it's fizzled a lot at this point.

Same.

I liked Density 2 enough, wasn't a hardcore D2 guy, but played it off and on and enjoyed it.

But Marathon did not interest me one bit whatsoever.

"Extraction shooter" what the heck is that?
 
I'm hoping the PvE does something. PvP just makes the game too damn hard. So far for me, waste of $$
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Bungie wasted so much money on this game. An absurd amount of money. The corporate slop and woke parasites were left unchecked and now the host is dying.

Bungie's time has come and gone, it's time for it to be laid to rest.
 
I really don't think they could be any more out of touch with reality. I mean it's obviously a line they want to feed shareholders and upper management who may not know any better. But there is no hope for Bungie if this is what they're taking away from the failure. They've learned nothing and Sony will probably close the studio in the next 2-5 years.

Bungie Says Marathon Flopped Because It Was Too Hard
 
I really don't think they could be any more out of touch with reality. I mean it's obviously a line they want to feed shareholders and upper management who may not know any better. But there is no hope for Bungie if this is what they're taking away from the failure. They've learned nothing and Sony will probably close the studio in the next 2-5 years.

Bungie Says Marathon Flopped Because It Was Too Hard
Idiotic as usual.
 
I really don't think they could be any more out of touch with reality. I mean it's obviously a line they want to feed shareholders and upper management who may not know any better. But there is no hope for Bungie if this is what they're taking away from the failure. They've learned nothing and Sony will probably close the studio in the next 2-5 years.

Bungie Says Marathon Flopped Because It Was Too Hard

This is an example of why I think any "good feelings" people had this past week from the "Destiny IP isn't dead" news should be seriously tempered.

Marathon is a game mode. Add it alongside Crucible, Gambit, Strikes... of course that would have made too much sense so never mind.
 
I really don't think they could be any more out of touch with reality. I mean it's obviously a line they want to feed shareholders and upper management who may not know any better. But there is no hope for Bungie if this is what they're taking away from the failure. They've learned nothing and Sony will probably close the studio in the next 2-5 years.

Bungie Says Marathon Flopped Because It Was Too Hard
That is the excuse CliffyB used for Lawbreakers flopping.
 
I do think people banked on extraction shooters being the next battle royal and it just hasn't panned out that way. All you have to do is take a look at the steam charts and see the genre as a whole isn't pulling the numbers that a successor to battle royal would expect.

Even arc raiders isn't doing so hot despite starting off red hot with people mocking Marathon about how it's getting mogged. I think that game sold more copies than Helldivers 2 and yet Helldivers 2 is currently outperforming every extraction shooter that exists by a wide margin.

My hot take is the pacing and PVE in these games is just too poor. Arc raiders tried to be more forgiving by making it less hardcore and it still just isn't resonating with people.
 
I do think people banked on extraction shooters being the next battle royal and it just hasn't panned out that way. All you have to do is take a look at the steam charts and see the genre as a whole isn't pulling the numbers that a successor to battle royal would expect.

Even arc raiders isn't doing so hot despite starting off red hot with people mocking Marathon about how it's getting mogged. I think that game sold more copies than Helldivers 2 and yet Helldivers 2 is currently outperforming every extraction shooter that exists by a wide margin.

My hot take is the pacing and PVE in these games is just too poor. Arc raiders tried to be more forgiving by making it less hardcore and it still just isn't resonating with people.
ARC Raiders went through an identity crisis for sure. The crybabies wanted it to be more PvE friendly, and they eventually got their wish. But you can only do so much PvE before the game simply gets boring. Just look at The Division 2, exhibit A. So, the game went from lava hot launch as strictly PvPvE to some lukewarm casual friendly PvE thing. This is one of those cases where the developers caved on community feedback. We'll probably never know if it was a good decision.

Helldivers 2 never had such identity crisis. It was strictly PvE out of the gate.
 
Back
Top