Maping network Nas drive problem (multiple routers)

Florin22xxl

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,
My Synology DS418play arived today and i'm having trouble maping out the network drive.
From my understanding i need to write: http://ip adress:5000 wich is the URL where i access my synology.
When i do this i get an error that windows cannot access this.
Reading further into this this seems to be related to port forwarding.
I use 2 routers
Router 1: main internet + nas
Router 2 connects to router 1: my PC.

When trying to configure the router inside the nas control panel i get a network error and its recommending if i am using more than 2 routers to set them up in bridge mode...

Any suggestions on how to set this up?
Thanks!

turn off DHCP on the 2nd router
connect them like this :> Internet->WAN port of router 1, lan port 1 of router 1 to the NAS, lan port 2 to the lan port 1 of the router 2
router 2 lan port 2 to your PC
You should be mapping a drive like \\SynologyIP\ShareName
Not sure why your using the HTTP and :5000 for mapping a drive

Port 5000 is for the web gui interface, which is for configuration and apps running on the NAS -- not for file sharing. You can access files via the web interface with the File Station app, but it's less than ideal and does not map network drives.

dbwillis is correct on how to map a SMB drive, provided you have SMB enabled (Control Panel -> File Services -> SMB/AFP/NFS) and Share folders configured properly (Control Panel -> Shared Folders).

And yes, your second router should be configured as a Bridge. What you really needed there was a switch, not a router, but enabling Bridge mode essentially turns off all the router stuff and makes it act like a switch.

Back