Manual Java Removal

DeathPrincess

Fully [H]
Does anyone have a list of keys/files that java 64bit installs so I can do a manual removal (on windows 7)? Due to me accidentally during full idiot mode installing both 32bit and 64bit java to the same folder :rolleyes:. 32bit works, but 64bit wont uninstall as it is "missing components".

I've looked around but all I can find are shady looking java removal tools, and the makers of java don't seem to offer assistance. Ill take the easy way if there is a decent removal tool which works.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Check out HKLM/Software/Java .

Java 32 bit goes into Wow6432Node, so 64 bit Java I expect would go directly under Software.

Check out HKLM/Software/Java .

Java 32 bit goes into Wow6432Node, so 64 bit Java I expect would go directly under Software.

Thanks for the reply!

I checked there, but no folder called java. Searching for "java" the registry shows values for the 32bit version only :(

Trying to reinstall 64bit offline java gives error code 1723, and says there is a problem with the windows installer package and that a DLL is required...though 32bit installs/uninstalls fine.

Try some other forceful removal applications like Revo Uninstaller, and also Your! Uninstaller.

Back