Mantle Drivers Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD delayed the drivers to ensure they were solid for release....... Right?

Yeah so 290X CrossFire is broken in these entirely for BF4. I was getting 100+ fps @ 2560x1440, Ultra, 4x MSAA in Direct3D 11 render in 13.12.

On the test range with 14.1 Direct3D 11 I am getting 50-60fps and it stutters very badly.

I know they said that Mantle isn't supported on CFX setups for this release but it seems to break Direct3D as well.

Last edited:
me too man. when I first installed the drivers, I was getting horrible fps under directx just like you (as opposed to getting 150-200 fps). then I changed to mantle, restarted game, and can no longer access the game - it freezes my pc or only the game. now I cant even change it from mantle to directx.

anyone using crossfire should not install this driver - not only is mantle messed up on this, but it also screwed up directx crossfire.

Try this to revert to default settings if you can't launch game. Go to C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\ and rename filename PROFSAVE_profile and relaunch game. Or, edit the specific line item in the file to "GstRender.MantleEnabled 0".

Last edited:
I'm seeing about a 12-13% increase with my 7950/2600k using a custom settings in BF4, which I'm happy about.

The one question I have for people who have tried BF4 in an actual multiplayer game have you gotten a massive FPS drop (down to 3 fps for a second) and then back up? It seems like I get one every ten minutes or so which is weird, but overall Mantle seems to be working fairly nice for my single card in these beta drivers.

I thought there were a bunch of problems for CFX on x58?
Nope. With the 290X I have a problem with my specific motherboard, but it's not an issue with AMD, it's with my BIOS. I have to take out the 3rd stick of memory, and then it works fine.

I know they said that Mantle isn't supported on CFX setups for this release but it would have been great if they didn't break Direct3D as well. Sigh.

Where does it say that? Because on their FAQ:

Q: Does Mantle support multi-GPU configurations?
A: Yes, the Mantle API enables applications to take advantage of workload sharing between multiple GPUs. However, this is controlled directly by the application instead of the graphics driver (as is the case with AMD CrossFire™ technology). This means that support for specific multi-GPU configurations and features are application-dependent, but it also enables developers to achieve better performance scaling and efficiency by tuning their implementation to match the particular needs of their rendering engine.

Yeah, I have a 290X Crossfire set up, and it kills Crossfire.

So the only quirk I see ingame is my mouse position for menus is not synced right and is off quite a bit down and to the right. Anyone experienced this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back