Mandatory Windows 10 Update Is Causing Machines to BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are we trying to 'help,' exactly? Pretending there's not a problem and degrading alternatives doesn't help real users.

What are we all supposed to do? Post happy, supportive messages to all those poor Microsoft workers who just want to play in their treehouse?

youre just jealous of their sweet new treehouse!
if a thread is talking about a windows problem saying switch to Linux is not helping with a solution. maybe try and help with a solution or troubleshooting!? spouting off about Linux does not help.

Your still talking about Linux?
piss off!

youre just jealous of their sweet new treehouse!
if a thread is talking about a windows problem saying switch to Linux is not helping with a solution. maybe try and help with a solution or troubleshooting!? spouting off about Linux does not help.

piss off!
It could be a solution to some if they are not required to have Windows. The more you know the better!

I don't discount the people who are having issues, really I don't. But if a majority of people aren't having issues (including myself) then there's got to be a reason why those specific machines are having issues. It could be anything from buggy drivers, bad settings, flaky hardware, and even the use of system utilities that more often than not turn out to be worse than the disease, etc. If Microsoft's code really was as shitty as a lot of people make it out to be there would be far more people with issues, perhaps world-wide issues with millions of systems BSODing; instead they're (for the most part) isolated cases. You can't plan for every single corner case or you're never going to release anything.

My workweek was hell thanks to this latest patch Tuesday. As I was responding to the issues created from KB4011196, I was thinking to myself that it is clearly overdue for me to get the WSUS role going on one of our DCs. Funny to read this article because apparently I could have been even more fucked for having the proper hotfix deployment method from Microsoft in place lol

I've been testing a Win10 machine to see how it behaves on our domain. And so far I've been appalled. My jaw about hit the floor when I logged into a domain user account for the first time, having just uninstalled manually all the bullshit Dell and Microsoft bloatware on the local admin account, to be greeted by all the exact shit I had just removed.

Found a large discussion on /r/sysadmin about it. Sadly there are really only two options it seems. Either ignore all the bloat, or run a 1500 line powershell script to actually uninstall the shit.. and run it again after every feature update because it all comes back again and again.

MSFT really had me scratching my head over here with their blatant "fuck you" to business users.

Windows 10 Professional..
As a prior user posted in this thread.. "professional my ass"

And I've heard the Enterprise licenses aren't much better.

I guess I don't understand how I am so lucky.

I have 3 Win 10 machines used as desktop/laptops, and another ten Win 10 rigs running as miners. I don't get these problems.......

/shrugs

I guess I don't understand how I am so lucky.

I have 3 Win 10 machines used as desktop/laptops, and another ten Win 10 rigs running as miners. I don't get these problems.......

/shrugs
You are just that good!

look at the thread title "Mandatory Windows 10 Update Is Causing Machines to BSOD" where the fuck does it say anything about Linux!? that's why its not on topic.
if you want to spout about linux start a fucking linux thread and leave the windows threads alone, ffs! "move to linux" "try linux" "windows sux" doesnt fucking help...

It doesn't but then again, anything to push their agenda and all that.......

Maybe 5-6 years ago. Linux on the desktop is actually in really good shape today.

I moved the whole house from 7 to Linux Mint about a year ago. There's no upgrade path from 7 in the Windows ecosystem and enough games/software works in Linux nowadays that it's not really a problem to switch anymore.

Hmmmm, looks at thread title, wonders what Linux has to do with this, looks at poster, oh, nevermind, business as usual. Me, I personally like to see real solutions to problems, not the if you are having problems with your Chevy, go buy a Toyota solutions.

Hmmmm, looks at thread title, wonders what Linux has to do with this, looks at poster, oh, nevermind, business as usual. Me, I personally like to see real solutions to problems, not the if you are having problems with your Chevy, go buy a Toyota solutions.
In this case MS does not care. They will have full control over your OS pretty soon. You will have to submit a request to change something on the system.
I would just like a OS with no Windows virus's, bloatware, spyware, etc. Play games and browse, is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back