Man Watches 252 Netflix Movies In 30 Days

HardOCP News

[H] News
While this guy is mildly annoying to watch, the dedication it takes to waste an entire month of your LIFE, a month you'll never get back, watching 252 movies on Netflix is commendable (sorta). Who has that kind of time?

I wish they had this streaming service 11 years ago when I was home for a 1 year recovering from an accident.

All I did was watch tv all day and shop online.

Funny if he got a bill from his ISP for exceeding his bandwidth.

time or not, how much time do people "waste" on facebook, forums and other things.

So lets think about this (24 * 30) 24 hrs in a day assuming 30 days in month (AVG) == 720 Hrs in a Month.

lets say these are real movies (1.5hrs/ea) and not cheap 30 min session movies (1.5*252 = 378 Hrs)

720-378 == 342 Hours left in his Month
342/30 == 11.4 Hours that he doesnt spend on watching movies.

so he basically wastes 1/2 of his day watching movies... GET A JOB!!!

was he paying attention, or falling asleep ?
cuz either way, it doesn't count.

So lets think about this (24 * 30) 24 hrs in a day assuming 30 days in month (AVG) == 720 Hrs in a Month.

lets say these are real movies (1.5hrs/ea) and not cheap 30 min session movies (1.5*252 = 378 Hrs)

720-378 == 342 Hours left in his Month
342/30 == 11.4 Hours that he doesnt spend on watching movies.

so he basically wastes 1/2 of his day watching movies... GET A JOB!!!

In that 11.4 hours, he might have a job.

GeekBoy should add in the cost of his internet connection, considering the full cost of that went to streaming movies. And, does he have a job, or does he get Disability Social Security for his mental condition that would permit him to watch252 2nd-rate-and-worse movies in a month?

Wow he had to watch some seriously craptacular movies if he watched 252 of them. I've looked through the movies and I would be hard pressed to come up with 150 that were even passable...and I enjoy a good B grade now and then.

Wow he had to watch some seriously craptacular movies if he watched 252 of them. I've looked through the movies and I would be hard pressed to come up with 150 that were even passable...and I enjoy a good B grade now and then.

I'd have to agree. Not that many great movies on netflix. When I had it for free trial, I just watched the tv shows..

Guy is crazy.. I could never watch that much movies in an year even! :)

I wish they had this streaming service 11 years ago when I was home for a 1 year recovering from an accident.

All I did was watch tv all day and shop online.

Streaming Netflix was a godsend after I broke my hip in a crash and couldn't really move much for a couple months. I watched all kinds of crazy stuff.

There are tons of great and decent movies on Netflix but they just can't afford to hold on to them forever. There is a lot of great TV content as well.

I can often find a gem on Netflix within about 5 minutes.

What I find interesting about this douches marathon is I wonder how much data he consumed from watching 252 movies in a single month. I'm sure not every movie he watched was in HD so I wonder if someone has looked at the list he posted of what movies he watched and checked to see if they are available in HD on Netflix and done the math. I know that he could lower the quality to reduce the toll but I bet the statistics would be interesting.

I doubt you could watch that many movies and NOT hit your cap inside of 2 weeks. In which case the idea of value from being able to do this is kinda moot since many people would have to think about their data cap first.

And yeah I'd never do this able bodied. But if you're stuck at home and too doped up on pain meds to do anything with your brain, movies are great. Even bad movies.

lies,lies there are not that many movies on Netflix streaming worth watching, in fact the selection sucks.

Got me beat. I watched all of the Stargate episodes (all series) in about 4 weeks.

This is bad? crap.. .;)

I don't find their selection to be that horrible. I've been running out of things to watch only because I watch too many damn movies and tv shows. Movies, no I couldn't that do as I work. But for awhile there I would get home at 5:30 from work. turn on Netflix and watch movies or tv shows while doing stuff around the house or just sitting there watching them till about midnight or a little later. Depended on when the last show / movie ended past then. weekends I would watch stuff almost all day. Even if playing games I would have a movie or show on and pay attention to both of them. so i'd say I got in about 6 hours a night Monday - Friday, and then about 16 or so a day on the weekend. So i'd get a good 64 hours of content a week. Assuming 1.5 hours for a movie, that would be 42 movies a week. So around 168 movies a month. Still would have a lot to go to get to his level ;)

I didn't pay attention to every second of that. i'd be doing house work, be working after hours or weekends and have a movie / show playing just for the noise or something to do while waiting for stuff to finish. a few times put a movie or show on while mowing just to listen to it.

That's pretty sad considering most of the movies on netflix are terrible.

It has a few classic movies that everyone not living under a rock has probably already seen, but most of the movies on there are godawful, z-grade 1 star movies.

time or not, how much time do people "waste" on facebook, forums and other things.

Not to mention working on worthless things at Your job. Imagine if you had worked on duke nukem forever for 10 years.

I have a feeling that this man is going to show up to his doorstep:

images

Nothing confusing about it. Netflix keeps a log of everything you watch. When, what time, how long, etc. You don't necessarily have to be in front of the television. It's still counted as "watched" in the Netflix log.

Here's an example of my log I copied for another forum post a few weeks ago:

NetflixWatchLog.jpg

^^^

and by "my log" it's a family Netflix account which includes my two daughters, 6 and 12, in case you were wondering about the Pony shows. :-P

Dude has way too much time, even if he was making a stupid documentary of his experience. That documentary was all about stroking his ego. I'm sure there are lazy people who meet or exceed his viewing time regularly.

There are tons of great and decent movies on Netflix but they just can't afford to hold on to them forever. There is a lot of great TV content as well.

I can often find a gem on Netflix within about 5 minutes.

What I find interesting about this douches marathon is I wonder how much data he consumed from watching 252 movies in a single month. I'm sure not every movie he watched was in HD so I wonder if someone has looked at the list he posted of what movies he watched and checked to see if they are available in HD on Netflix and done the math. I know that he could lower the quality to reduce the toll but I bet the statistics would be interesting.

I doubt you could watch that many movies and NOT hit your cap inside of 2 weeks. In which case the idea of value from being able to do this is kinda moot since many people would have to think about their data cap first.

Out here you can get a 1TB cap for about $110 which comes bundled with a phone and unlimited national calls. So if each movie were a smidge under 4GB average, that'd fit within the cap.

Must be nice to have a wife that works so you can have all your expensive toys, stay at home to fuck around, have a video blog/whatever the fuck that's called, and just do nothing.

My big wtf moment watching this was Andrew McCarthy. I thought he was awesome back in the day, my favorites being the Weekend at Bernie's movies. He looks like shit now. Looks like he's back to drinking again. :-(

Meh... it would be more impressive if he did it by having blu-ray discs delivered to his house through netflix... or was that qwikster?? ;)

^^^

and by "my log" it's a family Netflix account which includes my two daughters, 6 and 12, in case you were wondering about the Pony shows. :-P

It's alright, you're a brony, just admit it :p

Meanwhile, I seriously need to watch more movies. I have two rented DVDs sitting in front of my TV since February.

...I had a 3 months free deal from Blockbuster.
...I should seriously just cancel the thing.

I don't see how working people can juggle all this stuff, and I don't even have a wife/gf.

^^^

The sad thing is that it wouldn't even have been unheard of if you didn't have daughters.

PS you don't have a valid explanation for all the TNG, though. I mean I watch the Star Wars cartoons, but come on.

Back