• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Man Unknowingly Liveblogs Bin Laden Operation

One nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL.

That was added in 1954 during the McCarthy witch hunts, when athiesm was often considered a precursor of the red flag of communism. The rest of your post isn't worth responding to.
 
I don't know what amuses me more: someone who forgets that America was founded on religious rights INCLUDING the right not to believe, or someone who likes to recite the Pledge which was written by a national/Christian socialist Baptist minister in 1892. Our founding fathers didn't tell us we had to recite or obey the Pledge to be a citizen.

Religious rights mean you can worship God. If you don't believe, you are not afforded such rights. The Pledge is simply an extension of our country's beliefs. No one ever said it had anything to do with the founding fathers.

"Or at the very least, hold true to your beliefs in action, and stop using our American currency which states what our country still stands for: "In God We Trust". "
Don't believe in God?? No problem. I will respect that. But you're in a country that does. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.
 
Religious rights mean you can worship God. If you don't believe, you are not afforded such rights. The Pledge is simply an extension of our country's beliefs. No one ever said it had anything to do with the founding fathers.

"Or at the very least, hold true to your beliefs in action, and stop using our American currency which states what our country still stands for: "In God We Trust". "
Don't believe in God?? No problem. I will respect that. But you're in a country that does. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Direct quote from Wikipedia that perfectly sums up the First Amendment. Just because God is mentioned on the currency doesn't mean the government requires us to believe in Him when using it.

The government and by extension, this country, cannot enforce religion on it's citizens. It says so right there in the First Amendment.
 
Religious rights mean you can worship God. If you don't believe, you are not afforded such rights. The Pledge is simply an extension of our country's beliefs. No one ever said it had anything to do with the founding fathers.

"Or at the very least, hold true to your beliefs in action, and stop using our American currency which states what our country still stands for: "In God We Trust". "
Don't believe in God?? No problem. I will respect that. But you're in a country that does. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."

You're no better than the Islamic extremists. In fact, you're actually worse, since you have already invaded America.
 
Religious rights mean you can worship God. If you don't believe, you are not afforded such rights. The Pledge is simply an extension of our country's beliefs. No one ever said it had anything to do with the founding fathers.

"Or at the very least, hold true to your beliefs in action, and stop using our American currency which states what our country still stands for: "In God We Trust". "
Don't believe in God?? No problem. I will respect that. But you're in a country that does. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

Isn't it sacrilege to put God's name on currency?
 
lenin???
lol
'nuff said.

Yes, my internet moniker represents my libertarian (communist!!) beliefs, my ideals, and my very nature. It probably has nothing to do with Frank Herbert, probably has nothing to do with social satire.

Apparently, you are flying "sprks". Flying "sprks" are so un American, it isn't funny.
 
Much to the chagrin of some of the idiots here in America, religion definitely has a shared (albeit limited) place of influence in policy. Both here, and in any country abroad. The qualifier being that you cannot/should not deny beliefs upon which a country is founded.
It's extremists that need to be curtailed/monitored. Both in religion as well as government.

Much to the chagrin of some religious nuts out there, the United States of America was founded on Masonic principles and ideals, not the Protestant ones that the Evangelicals would like people to believe. Read the Constitution and then do some research on Masonic principles, you'll see a lot of similarities, much more so than with Christian beliefs. Oh and in before nutty theories about Masons being evil and the new world order BS. That started to be fabricated in the 1800's when religious groups (mainly Protestants) started vilifying the Masons and wanted to get rid of their influence on the country.

The One Nation Under God bit wasn't added to the pledge until the 1950's. In God We Trust was not added to the bills until the 1950's.

Learn some history, seriously.
 
I don't know what amuses me more: someone who forgets that America was founded on religious rights INCLUDING the right not to believe, or someone who likes to recite the Pledge which was written by a national/Christian socialist Baptist minister in 1892. Our founding fathers didn't tell us we had to recite or obey the Pledge to be a citizen.

Or the fact that UNDER GOD wasn't added to the Pledge until 1954. Fail.
 
Pretty much. Isn't there a story about Jesus going ape shit when there is money changing and the like going on in a temple?

This incorrectly presumes that money maintains some intrinsic "evil" quality. It doesn't, obviously. I don't know how a reference to God on a currency is analogous to whoring products in a temple on the sabbath. Pretty absurd.
 
Pretty much. Isn't there a story about Jesus going ape shit when there is money changing and the like going on in a temple?

I was just looking this up. John 2:13-22.

Beware, though. He's going to say "well he didn't get angry about money and greed. He got angry because they were doing it in a church".
 
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Sooo....from your implied position, you cite and underline the above, however:

1. The underlined states quite clearly that it will not allow our government to put one religion above another NOR will it allow your chosen religion to be impeded (in case you didn't comprehend that which you underlined.)

2. That does not in any way allow you any inferred right as a non-believer. As non-believers have no religion by definition. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

Direct quote from Wikipedia that perfectly sums up the First Amendment. Just because God is mentioned on the currency doesn't mean the government requires us to believe in Him when using it.

0 points. No one said it's required. I simply said in essence, if you're so high and mighty about "my right not to believe" -and it is! I challenge you to practice what you preach. As you aren't afforded any right under that which you cite since you're a non-believer.

The government and by extension, this country, cannot enforce religion on it's citizens. It says so right there in the First Amendment.

0 points again. Your comprehension skills are left a bit wanting.
Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

Don't believe in God?? No problem. I will respect that. But you're in a country that does.
 
Or the fact that UNDER GOD wasn't added to the Pledge until 1954. Fail.

Yeah LeninGHOLA mentioned that already. I was just referring to the Pledge in general, not the "Under God" part. The Baptist minister I mention also introduced the Bellamy Salute - the straight arm salute - which was used by the Romans and later Nazi Germany, which the FDR and Congress banned in 1942.

But hey that's ok as long as it says "Under God" it's all good, right Sprks?
 
I'll just pop my 2cents in that if you believe that the announcement of his death is anything other than to help Obama's current administration and his run for a 2nd term I seriously feel sorry for you. Dead one day buried at see the next, ummmmm yeah right and the "Ipad" is the greatest invention ever as well. :rolleyes:
 
Sooo....from your implied position, you cite and underline the above, however:

1. The underlined states quite clearly that it will not allow our government to put one religion above another NOR will it allow your chosen religion to be impeded (in case you didn't comprehend that which you underlined.)

2. That does not in any way allow you any inferred right as a non-believer. As non-believers have no religion by definition. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.



0 points. No one said it's required. I simply said in essence, if you're so high and mighty about "my right not to believe" -and it is! I challenge you to practice what you preach. As you aren't afforded any right under that which you cite since you're a non-believer.



0 points again. Your comprehension skills are left a bit wanting.
Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.

Holy shit, and I thought we shot OBL.
 
Sooo....from your implied position, you cite and underline the above, however:

1. The underlined states quite clearly that it will not allow our government to put one religion above another NOR will it allow your chosen religion to be impeded (in case you didn't comprehend that which you underlined.)

2. That does not in any way allow you any inferred right as a non-believer. As non-believers have no religion by definition. Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.



0 points. No one said it's required. I simply said in essence, if you're so high and mighty about "my right not to believe" -and it is! I challenge you to practice what you preach. As you aren't afforded any right under that which you cite since you're a non-believer.



0 points again. Your comprehension skills are left a bit wanting.
Don't try to creatively rewrite or manipulate the intent.
You're fucking deluded. Don't try to hijack the country with your bullshit religion just because you think it's right. As others have said, this nation has a secular government whether you like it or not. Atheists have just as many rights as you.
 
And now that I'm thinking about it, what I really wish had happened though was taking him alive. I'd of loved for him to have a trial and expose him for the criminal that he was for the world to see, it's a shame that we only get to hear about what happened by news snippets here and there such as this one, I'd love to hear his motivation directly from him, see if he really was just apeshit nuts or at the very least believed the rhetoric he was spreading...

There should have been a take him alive order. I personally think Osama was killed on purpose. Even if they'd have captured him alive he'd be 'killed'.

Now that he's dead, we'll never hear the end of the 9-11 truthers but there will conveniently be no trial. There can be no public trail for 9-11 anymore. If there was though, there'd be so many architects, professional demonlition experts, engineers, etc volunteering to testify how they feel such and such was a planned detination, evidence of __ and __ chemicals found at ground zero, etc etc.

All of which suggesting 9-11 was 'an inside job'. At the end, there would be probably a ....somewhat reasonable doubt whether Osama set up the demolition, etc or not. Osama might also be able to get 40-50 loyal henchmen/lackies to say that it was his 'dead' lieutentant who was really respnosible for planning it. Osama hardly knew about it, etc etc etc. To try to throw more reasonable doubt. Unless Osama's jury of his peers are new york fire fighters and/or the guy suggesting bombing everything ending in -stan.
 
I love religious whack jobs that don't know their history. They get so angry and their ignorance shines brighter and brighter.
 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."

I agree totally. I respect his Azhar's right to not believe (which I've already clearly stated) and anyone else as well. I'm simply tired of a super vocal minority trying to redirect and derail our country's footing and history.

You're no better than the Islamic extremists. In fact, you're actually worse, since you have already invaded America.

I respect your right not to believe as well.

But saying I'm "no better" or "actually worse" than Islamic extremists???
You need a timeout.
I dissent with some of the things going on in our American society, but I am FIERCELY loyal. :mad:
 
That nice off-topic discussion reinforces my opinion that religion and government should be dissociate, since obviously all religious extremists all sound like morons, including Christian ones. Condemning people who don't believe in a god that does not exist to leave the US and stop using the dollar just shows how insane this minority of extremists is, if they think they speak for the majority. Just go out of your churches some time and mix with other people, Mr Hamish.
 
I agree totally. I respect his Azhar's right to not believe (which I've already clearly stated) and anyone else as well. I'm simply tired of a super vocal minority trying to redirect and derail our country's footing and history.



I respect your right not to believe as well.

But saying I'm "no better" or "actually worse" than Islamic extremists???
You need a timeout.
I dissent with some of the things going on in our American society, but I am FIERCELY loyal. :mad:

Bullshit. Loyalty to our ideals require respect to First Amendment which you have issues with.

God and Christianity, even Islam do not have monopolies on Religion. It's the popular view only. The definition of religion is any specific system of belief often about deity, or often involving rituals, a code of ethics, a philosophy of life, and a worldview. One can argue that Atheism is not a religion because of the lack of deity, but it IS a philosophy and worldview.
 
I agree totally. I respect his Azhar's right to not believe (which I've already clearly stated) and anyone else as well. I'm simply tired of a super vocal minority trying to redirect and derail our country's footing and history.



I respect your right not to believe as well.

But saying I'm "no better" or "actually worse" than Islamic extremists???
You need a timeout.
I dissent with some of the things going on in our American society, but I am FIERCELY loyal. :mad:
Being part of the majority doesn't somehow make you right. Apparently only 39% of Americans believe in evolution. Well, I guess that vocal minority should just shut the hell up and let America get back to it's intelligent design.
 
Much to the chagrin of some religious nuts out there, the United States of America was founded on Masonic principles and ideals, not the Protestant ones that the Evangelicals would like people to believe. Read the Constitution and then do some research on Masonic principles, you'll see a lot of similarities, much more so than with Christian beliefs. Oh and in before nutty theories about Masons being evil and the new world order BS. That started to be fabricated in the 1800's when religious groups (mainly Protestants) started vilifying the Masons and wanted to get rid of their influence on the country.

The One Nation Under God bit wasn't added to the pledge until the 1950's. In God We Trust was not added to the bills until the 1950's.

Learn some history, seriously.

Definitely not a religious nut here lol... but get lumped in sometimes due to the single fact that I do believe in God. ;) I don't think that there's any one "religion" that's completely right or completely accurate. That's why I trust in God alone. I do think that some are closer to being more accurate than others, but again, that's still acknowledging that only God himself knows the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So I'll leave it in his capable hands to sort the thieves/liars/deception artists from the few that bring truth and wisdom. (To quote Megadeth: "Mankind has got to know his limitations") Believing solely in man is a fools errand in my book. And I'll leave it to them.

Kinda hard to "learn some history" as you put it since our public school books are constantly being rewritten to whomever's given political/religious nut whims. But I appreciate your thoughts, and will definitely look into your welcome addition of knowledge.
 
This is not the place nor the time.

Celebrate a bit. Then reflect and remember that history repeats itself. The only thing that changes are the people and technology. People follow who they believe is either right, or can somehow improve their lot in life. Power corrupts and in many countries absolute power is achievable. We know the results of that. Religion just does not have a place in government or any type of authority which can institute non-voluntary actions on behalf on its people.

Believe in whatever you wish. Feel free to be yourself. Just remember the old phrase,

"Do as ye will, harm none."

On a personal note, I am glad he is gone. I just wish it was sooner and cost way less.
 
At least now their dead there can be the game and film. But who should play him... I was originally thinking Donald Pleasence, then I remembered he was dead. So maybe that guy who played moses...can't remember the name...

Don't muslims with pieces missing not go to heaven? So they just want to cover the fact they cut him into fish bait and feed him to the fishes. :)

Isn't that protestants or something, otherwise the whole suicide bomb thing might not be so popular (even though there is a load of crap against it anyway)? Thats the reason why they cut people into quarters during medieval times.
 
Definitely not a religious nut here lol... but get lumped in sometimes due to the single fact that I do believe in God. ;) I don't think that there's any one "religion" that's completely right or completely accurate. That's why I trust in God alone. I do think that some are closer to being more accurate than others, but again, that's still acknowledging that only God himself knows the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So I'll leave it in his capable hands to sort the thieves/liars/deception artists from the few that bring truth and wisdom. (To quote Megadeth: "Mankind has got to know his limitations") Believing solely in man is a fools errand in my book. And I'll leave it to them.

Kinda hard to "learn some history" as you put it since our public school books are constantly being rewritten to whomever's given political/religious nut whims. But I appreciate your thoughts, and will definitely look into your welcome addition of knowledge.

You're not being labeled an extremist because you believe in God, you're being labeled an extremist because you're advocating removing all people that aren't like you from the United States. I believe in God, and you automatically assumed I didn't simply because I don't agree with your brand of crazy.
 
Being part of the majority doesn't somehow make you right. Apparently only 39% of Americans believe in evolution. Well, I guess that vocal minority should just shut the hell up and let America get back to it's intelligent design.

That's a whooooooole 'nother thread. But then you already knew that eh troll? ;)
 
Isn't it sacrilege to put God's name on currency?

What about Freemason beliefs on the back of the $1 bill? No one is asking to remove that, but God has to go.:rolleyes:
There's more secret imagery related to beliefs our money than God.

Is good to have opinions on beliefs but that doesn't give a person a right to change things to their liking.
Use credit cards if you don't agree with our nations currency.
 
You're not being labeled an extremist because you believe in God, you're being labeled an extremist because you're advocating removing all people that aren't like you from the United States. I believe in God, and you automatically assumed I didn't simply because I don't agree with your brand of crazy.

Please don't put words in my mouth. At no point did I advocate the removal of all people that aren't like me. I said they're free to leave.

"Removal" and "free to leave" are two wholly different things. We're not 1940's Germany.
But we're not exactly protecting our borders or being selective about some of the trash we're letting in either.

What some 'sects' of athe-agno-whatevers have been actively doing is to try and strip God out of every bit of our country...and that's what set the whole 'let 'em leave and find their own spot if it's that bad' thing rolling. I never said nor implied "round 'em up". Fail.
 
What about Freemason beliefs on the back of the $1 bill? No one is asking to remove that, but God has to go.:rolleyes:
There's more secret imagery related to beliefs our money than God.

Is good to have opinions on beliefs but that doesn't give a person a right to change things to their liking.
Use credit cards if you don't agree with our nations currency.

It's because Freemasons were instrumental in creating this country. The United States and democracy was the great Freemason experiment, but saying this has been taboo in our country for far too long.
 
It's because Freemasons were instrumental in creating this country. The United States and democracy was the great Freemason experiment, but saying this has been taboo in our country for far too long.

I know that but both God and Freemason principles has a lot to do with America's beliefs today. Beliefs are changing all the time and God became very instrumental during that time and it was place on the money, a part of history. Whether it's the majority, minority or secret population of our society, removing things from our money and books is erasing American history.
 
rights, freedom, democracy, islam, religion...blah blah blah. The fucker's dead...good riddance.
 
What about Freemason beliefs on the back of the $1 bill? No one is asking to remove that, but God has to go.:rolleyes:
There's more secret imagery related to beliefs our money than God.

Is good to have opinions on beliefs but that doesn't give a person a right to change things to their liking. <snip>

True as well. And your final thought is what I've been alluding to, but failing to get across to some I guess.

This is not the place nor the time.

Celebrate a bit. Then reflect and remember that history repeats itself. The only thing that changes are the people and technology. People follow who they believe is either right, or can somehow improve their lot in life. Power corrupts and in many countries absolute power is achievable. We know the results of that. Religion just does not have a place in government or any type of authority which can institute non-voluntary actions on behalf on its people.

Believe in whatever you wish. Feel free to be yourself. Just remember the old phrase,

"Do as ye will, harm none."

On a personal note, I am glad he is gone. I just wish it was sooner and cost way less.

Very well said. And on that note, it's time for me to sit back and regain some perspective. Emotions are running high for all of us right now, as this has inevitably brought back old feelings, and some new ones as well. Here's hoping for a safer and more humane world. (Hope and strive for the best, but try to prepare for the worst.)

Cheers,
Sprks
 
What about Freemason beliefs on the back of the $1 bill? No one is asking to remove that, but God has to go.:rolleyes:
There's more secret imagery related to beliefs our money than God.

Is good to have opinions on beliefs but that doesn't give a person a right to change things to their liking.
Use credit cards if you don't agree with our nations currency.

Masonic beliefs are not religious by definition.

If we can't change things to our liking, why were so many things changed to add "under God" or "In God we trust" to them in the 1950's?
 
So they got him. +1 for Seal Team 6.

I love how Obama sits in the sun and smiles a lot.

Well Mr. Obama, back here in America ... we have drug cartels filling mass graves. We have record unemployment, a wrecked housing market, a smashed economy, 3rd world education, foreign wars that no one can fully explain and Americans suffering daily while you get kudos for killing a man who should have been dead 10 years ago.
 
Masonic beliefs are not religious by definition.

If we can't change things to our liking, why were so many things changed to add "under God" or "In God we trust" to them in the 1950's?

The belief in God was widely accepted during that time and now, is not until recently that people are becoming more Atheist. I've met more Atheist people in the last four months than in the last 10 years. Now, I don't frequently meet non-believers but there's always a shift in thinking every few decades, it comes with the generational change. Now, things that are added should be kept, clearly the Masons of today accepted the "In God We Trust" on the money, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. It's there, apart of American history, and there's no reason to erase history now.

What if the Freemason imagery was in debate to be erased, will people have the same or more passion on the topic than God being removed? The belief in God has played a major roll in American History, so many Presidents have said it over the years and I don't understand why people find it offensive now. Do people feel oppressed by the belief of God or it's just that persons state of mind, I think it's the latter.
 
That's a whooooooole 'nother thread. But then you already knew that eh troll? ;)
I'm not a troll. I was using verifiable statistics to make you look like a dumbass. That's not being a troll, that's being right.
 
So they got him. +1 for Seal Team 6.

I love how Obama sits in the sun and smiles a lot.

Well Mr. Obama, back here in America ... we have drug cartels filling mass graves. We have record unemployment, a wrecked housing market, a smashed economy, 3rd world education, foreign wars that no one can fully explain and Americans suffering daily while you get kudos for killing a man who should have been dead 10 years ago.

And who's never seen a day of war and had nothing actually to do with it whatsoever but magically he's getting the credit which makes my stomach turn and also pisses me off at the same time. As I said before, it's nothing more than a media stunt to try to help his future run for re-election. Our troops deserve the credit for this and noone else.
 
Back
Top