Man Has USB Key Prosthetic Finger

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is just plain dumb. This dude looks blazed as well.:confused:

That looks like a horribly designed prosthetic. Did he do it himself? :confused:

Functionally speaking thats stupid. You gonna hold your hand down there at the computer while your other hand types?? I guess if you got a usb extension cord it would be a little less functionally stupid, but still....

I don't know how you use your flash drives but for me, I generally don't need to type while transferring files from one PC to another (most common use for flash drives). Just use the mouse to highlight, right-click and copy, move to another folder, and right-click and paste. Then safely remove drive and you're done. Horray for the GUI. :)

I wonder how he will feel when that tech becomes obsolete?

Functionally speaking thats stupid. You gonna hold your hand down there at the computer while your other hand types?? I guess if you got a usb extension cord it would be a little less functionally stupid, but still....

Nah prosthetic limbs are removable. He probably takes it off to plug it into his computer.

page finally loaded, and that is dumb. What if the drive fails? What happens if technology outgrows the size of that usb drive? "But I'm the first dude with a thumb drive... in his finger! Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Dumb douche. And real hackers don't advertise themselves... moron.

he lost the real finger in a motorcycle accident, he needed a prosthetic anyways, why not make it more leet.

I'm pretty sure it is just a joke, a play on words of "thumb drive" it looks removable, and he keeps a botable copy of Linux and the movie "freddie got fingered" on the drive. so obviously the guy has a sence of humour.

Maybe he should have invested in a new door handle instead, he appears to be missing his.:confused:

Uhm.. a thought. I've had a USB drive shoot electricity after its contacts went bad. Sparky soon.

The HardOCP page is a little misleading. It sounds like he purposely had his finger replaced with a USB key, but the article states he was in a motorcycle accident.

what happens if he gets some...stuff....in it from watching some....content?

There are images on flickr showing the device. read the article and follow the links before making uninformed comments.

Why not install a wireless USB hub in your ass and attach a few 32gig flash drives to it. It would be more useful.

bootable linux on my finger lol, this guy is crazy that thing would get crazy annoying, it looks like the prosethic finger folds back somehow to use the USB..
i agree he looks like he blasted some reefer before that pic or upload

I guess this guy had a decent sense of humor and some extra money to spend, so why not?

god you're such fucking sheep.

There have been good posts and bad posts in this thread, but I have NO idea who that's supposed to be directed towards or why you're showing such hostility over a thread about an odd computer component.... :confused:

Back