Malwarebytes Pro 9.99 @ Newegg

Yup . The freeware version, in conjunction w/Spybot - Search & Destroy, has helped clean up after-the-fact messes, but the $10 for active scanning to prevent such messes in the first place is, for me anyway, money very well spent.

True that. Malewarebytes is the ONLY thing that can remove that fucking Antivirus 2010/2011/2012/etc infection once you've got it.

I've used the free version many times to help myself and others(although I didn't want to do it). Time to show some support.

It is because they dropped it to a straight $9.99 with no code needed. It will be back in stock, so hopefully those that didn't get it could. Just hit the auto notify, so you will get a email to get one. Thanks

thegamerz that is not entirely true.
i often use rkill, hijackfree, combofix, malwarebytes, superantispyware, my own custom utilities etc. with rootkits/trojans you have to be extra careful that each piece is removed. autoruns can help find fake services, drivers and files as well.

You can download my utility pack if you are into spyware removal:
http://jroe.me/2010/12/roes-minipack-v6-is-out/

or skip my site and get it from google download:
http:///dNmVF2
(upper right corner)

it has several portable utilities.

UPDATE: kill.exe and hostsxpert often give false postivie virus warnings. these are popular tools and you may want to research how to use them first. hostsxpert lets you modify your host file while kill.exe helps kill popular malware that is running that may be blocking your .exe files.

Last edited:
Is this a lifetime license? And can it be transferred between machines, such as if doing a rebuild?

^ Good question on the rebuild, I'd like to know that as well. :confused:

I do believe its a one-time license that only needs to be purchased once but not sure if you can transfer to a new build.

ya I dont know but I puchased one directly off mwb website and have used the key on 2 different reformats ... one thing I do know is that you can onlyhave 1 key running on one machine (thought I could install it on my wifes laptop also) but later read that you need another liscense ...

and ya the pro (live) run is something you should definately have ... IMO one of the best things to have for all the crap out there; ... always seems to catch things even from supposedly (normal) sites ...

heck I think it ended up finding 3 malware things running off java the other day (didnt pick it up off of live but off a scan) ...

oh and Im starting to appreciate a SSD now; antivirus scans are lighting quick on my m4 256gig drive.

It's $25 now on Newegg's site. So much for a Cyber Mon. sale on this.

Good to know from Dulak's post that it can be used on a rebuild. So it looks like it's a "Steam" license where you can only have 1 instant of it running at any given time but that it's transferable.

Amazon also has it for $9.99

Thanks. Ordered from Amazon. Newegg screwed me on the order:

We regret to inform you that your recent Newegg.com Sales Order has been cancelled due to insufficient inventory.
It was discovered that the quantities for one or more items reserved to fulfill this order were either found to be damaged, misplaced, or only partially available.
Here's a summary of this case:
32-562-001
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
If your payment has already been processed, you will be refunded the full amount of this order in approximately 2 to 3 business days.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Keeping you in the know,
Newegg.com Customer Service

Folks:

One basic question: If you use Google Chrome and all your accounts are not Administrative, do you still need this stuff? Doesn't Chrome pretty much take care of hidden stuff; unless you specifically allow it to install some crap?

No it does not. Not every virus is from a browser either. Also Chrome isn't a catch all for rootkits. Have you ever worked for a company with pcs completely locked down yet somehow still get infected? My friend has good success with blocking all scripts unless desired to install + chrome, but that is a pain for the average user and even then not 100% effective.

I see the $9.99 deal on Amazon, too, but it's got a 1-3 week delay to ship (no biggie to me) but also requires $25 min. order unless you have Prime (which I don't).

I think I'll order from Newegg now that it's back in stock there and at $9.99.

OK, I pulled the trigger and ordered for 10 bucks. Quick question. On my Windows XP Pro system, I currently have McAfee antivirus running on it. When I install Malwarebytes, can I uninstall McAfee or should I run both? McAfee is a performance hog on my computer when it does a full scan.

This works along side AV software. If they do bump heads add MWB's folder or .exe file to the Mcafee exception list to save on CPU cycles.

However I strongly suggest throwing the less effective and costly Mcafee out the window and replacing it with the free version of MSE which is much more effective against trojans, rootkits and malware.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

This works along side AV software. If they do bump heads add MWB's folder or .exe file to the Mcafee exception list to save on CPU cycles.

However I strongly suggest throwing the less effective and costly Mcafee out the window and replacing it with the free version of MSE which is much more effective against trojans, rootkits and malware.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
Thanks, I'll go ahead and make the exception for MWB's folder in McAfee then.

The computer in question is running Windows XP. (Yeah, I know, it's old.) It will get replaced within a year, most likely much sooner, although I may wait until Windows 8 is out. Since someone said that MWB is transferable, I thought about using it on my old rig and then transfer it to the new rig once I build/buy a new PC.

I actually do use MSE on my other computer, which is my HTPC and runs 64-bit Windows 7. Yes, it works very well there and shows very little overhead weight. :)

I bought a copy of $9.99 and NewEgg charged my account on 11/25/2011. Still hasn't shipped.

Anybody got theirs yet?

anyone know when the sale ends? I may be in for 2-3, but the wife's wanting me to wait until the last possible second to buy.

i would be worried it will be over by weeks end if not tomorrow when they finally stop their let down sales.

anyone know when the sale ends? I may be in for 2-3, but the wife's wanting me to wait until the last possible second to buy.

Actually I noticed this sale was down a few days ago and now it's back up.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and make the exception for MWB's folder in McAfee then.

The computer in question is running Windows XP. (Yeah, I know, it's old.) It will get replaced within a year, most likely much sooner, although I may wait until Windows 8 is out. Since someone said that MWB is transferable, I thought about using it on my old rig and then transfer it to the new rig once I build/buy a new PC.

I actually do use MSE on my other computer, which is my HTPC and runs 64-bit Windows 7. Yes, it works very well there and shows very little overhead weight. :)

Unless they changed it, MSE doesn't run on Windows XP last I checked.

Maybe I'm crazy. I guess it does run on Windows XP.

you should be good then:)
cant wait to get my copies!
:cool:

Unless they changed it, MSE doesn't run on Windows XP last I checked.

Maybe I'm crazy. I guess it does run on Windows XP.

MSE runs great on XP and works great alongside MWB.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind, but I may just hold off 'til the next computer and will definitely run MSE on that, like I do on my Win 7 HTPC. :)

I haven't checked the tracking info from Newegg yet, but I'm in no rush. I guess once I get this, I can get rid of Spybot/Ad-Aware.

Someone mentioned in newegg comments that it is actually two users license for this. If you get yours, can you confirm this claim?

EDIT: Nevermind, a most recent comment says: "Despite the comments from another NE review, the boxed copy from NewEgg only comes with one license key"

Last edited:
I ordered 6 (one extra for a rainy day). Granted, the lifetime license sold me, although it is a gamble though. Every time a new OS comes out, the leaderboards tend to change.

I ordered 8 total. 3 from amazon and 5 from Newegg. I think this will cover me for a while.

Back