Malwarebytes for Students $5 for 4 Years

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not a student, though work does provide me with a .edu account.

I couldn’t get it to finish checkout. It says my order has been processed but when I log in and pay with PayPal it goes back to that checkout screen and tries to charge me full price.

I love how this forum got me a lifetime malwarebytes on a hot deal one day. Enjoy your 4 years, noobies. :)

Its all fun until Malwarebytes decides that your lifetime pass isn't valid anymore. I got on my computer one day to see the nag on Malwarebytes asking if I wanted a trial. I put my key in to reactivate and it declined it. Turns out it updated itself and the new version doesn't work with a lifetime key. I contacted customer service and they said that the version I had was no longer supported and my lifetime key was worthless.

Its all fun until Malwarebytes decides that your lifetime pass isn't valid anymore. I got on my computer one day to see the nag on Malwarebytes asking if I wanted a trial. I put my key in to reactivate and it declined it. Turns out it updated itself and the new version doesn't work with a lifetime key. I contacted customer service and they said that the version I had was no longer supported and my lifetime key was worthless.
Bought a boxed lifetime on 11/19/2012 from the egg.

1 x ($19.99) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime $19.99
1 x ($-10.00) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE $-10.00
Subtotal: $9.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Total Amount: $9.99
Super Eggsaver (4-7 Days)

still activated and going strong today.

Idk, 7 years going on strong from the deal. Maybe you got ripped off at the point of sale

Idk, 7 years going on strong from the deal. Maybe you got ripped off at the point of sale

Maybe. I got it from a seller here which might have been a mistake. Either way Malwarebytes don’t sell the lifetime licenses anymore so this 3 year deal is great. I was paying yearly for it anyways on my desktop and laptop.

My lifetime key still works, but now you can only have one active computer at a time. If you have a computer and a laptop, you to deactivate the license on the other active device. This wasn't the case in the past, but frankly no one can complain about that, as long as you can still swap devices.
If you bought it directly from malwarebytes themselves, it still works. You have to choose "Use an ID key".

I bought mine in 2009 directly from their website, not from newegg or another vendor, so they know I'm the original owner.

Last edited:
My 2 year was up and was about to renew. This came in just in time! I bought the 3 device for $15. Thanks OP!

Lifetimes still being sold here on the forum. I've had 3 going strong for many years. You have to use version 1.75 and turn off program updates prior to activating it.

Your point is what? Definitions still update and that is what matters.
No, that's not all that matters.
Those codes are bogus hence the restrictions. You can pirate old security software if you wish but piracy is still theft and old security software is missing critical fixes.

Plus malwarebytes has added tons of new security features for recent threats.

I mean does any of this really need to be explained???

TLDR
[H]ardPass

So is MB still considered one of the better anti malware programs? I've had the free version for years to supplement Windows defender/whatever the default is.

So is MB still considered one of the better anti malware programs? I've had the free version for years to supplement Windows defender/whatever the default is.
The free version is great, keep it current and updated before scanning.

The best anti virus is your finger, that being said we live in a world that now requires you to run 2 types of protection.
My business has been cut in half since I "make" people buy malwarebytes.
Norton, Avira, McAfee and others don't catch/prevent what it does.

imho it is the best at what it does, especially if your finger occasionally clicks the wrong link, trys the wrong system cleaner/registry program, installs the wrong toolbar, opens the wrong email, or visits the wrong website etc.

Last edited:
Back