Make WinXP look like Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagan Wizard

2[H]4U
I'm not sure if this is a repost or not, but I thought some of you out there might like this. I found it on another forum and wanted to share it here.

1.) Download ALL 4 Packs (must have them all in one spot (ex: desktop)
2.) Run Create VTP 8 Now.exe

It will then creat VTP.RAR run setup Ther are no VIRUSES or ADDWHERE or spywhere
scan if you wish.

[links removed]

If I was looking for something like this, I don't think I'd download anything without at least a screen shot.... but I'm funny like that...

If I was looking for something like this, I don't think I'd download anything without at least a screen shot.... but I'm funny like that...

QFT. Where are the screen shots, the youtube vid of it in action? Smells fishy to me.

QFT. Where are the screen shots, the youtube vid of it in action? Smells fishy to me.

QFT.

And... visuals are the last reason you'd want to upgrade to Vista - lol - SuperFetch, better memory management, increased "responsiveness" and better security top my list of reasons to use Vista.

edit: HOLY CRAP it's an .exe they want you to run? Reported - and remidner: do not run random .exe's you find on teh Intarweb. There are plenty of legitimate ways to distribute .ZIP or .RAR files...

edit2: removed since links were removed

Stupid Vista Transformation Packs... if people want Vista that badly, go get Vista, simple.

Pagan Wizard, I realize you're a long-time member and never been a problem here, but sending people off to download exe's from some random upload site just doesn't sit well with me.

If you want to post links to some legit site, that's another story. I do recall a problem we had once where some n00bie was asking people to run benchmarks using some legit demo program that he said was "cracked" to a full version that he'd placed on an upload site. Thing was, this "cracked" version included an unexpected bonus in the form of a keylogger. :eek:

Please, people, be careful to download only from trusted sites.

Thanks, Pagan Wizard. Those links should enable people to make a more informed choice about whether or not to download the files. :)

Stupid Vista Transformation Packs... if people want Vista that badly, go get Vista, simple.

Maybe they just want a fresh look without all the hassle Vista will bring with it. People make a smart move not migrating yet.

It left my icons looking windows vista...fuck.

before i was able to see a preview of my pictures and now i can't. DAMNIT!

I think that transformation pack goes a bit too far, that looks as bad as having to use a real Vista for christs sakes! Who would want that??

A less intrusive and problem free alternative can be found at http://crystalxp.net in the form of bricopacks. I've used them for over a year and I've yet to encounter any problem with them.

Ultimate is the only version of Vista that is worth a shit, and, the retail package goes for about $300. Granted, Newegg or other sites have OEM versions for a lot less, but there are people out there who are still afraid of buying anything on line. I will be the first one to admitt that on line transactions are probably more secure than brick&mortars, but people are still afraid of buying on line, reguardless of price, none the less.

I could not agree more! "Everyone" hates Vista

I have two rigs that I dual boot with XP and Vista Ultimate. Several of my friends are either dual booting, or have rigs with Vista only and not one of us "hate" it. It is a little quirkey, but it just takes a little getting used to. I remember when XP first came out, most of my friends didn't even want to make the switch from Win98 because of how shitty ME was. Everyone thought XP was ME dress up untill they saw it working on someelses rig. If I remember correctly, I had problems making drivers work with XP when I first made the switch, but had absolutely no problems with Vista. Some people out there had issues with printers or scanners, but a quick phone call or a visit to the manufacturers web site usually solved the issue, unless the device was a few years old.

Ultimate is the only version of Vista that is worth a shit

I am honestly not trying to sound like an asshole or start any shit here, but what features does Ultimate have that makes it the only version worth running in your opinion?

I'm curious about that myself, because BitLocker ain't it... Dreamscene sure ain't it... some of the admin options sure ain't it...

The cost premium for Ultimate simply doesn't make it "worth a shit" for the few things you get over any other edition of Vista. Nearly double the cost for a few trivial things? I don't think so...

Ha, I consider Ultimate the only version that isn't worth getting. But that's me. As far as people being scared to buy offline, if they don't want to get good deals that's their fault and they're going to have to live with it.

I am honestly not trying to sound like an asshole or start any shit here, but what features does Ultimate have that makes it the only version worth running in your opinion?

Being able to RDP to your own PC? Still - this is an expensive upgrade from Home Premium just for RDP Server, Dreamscene, Bitlocker. Most people can just use VNC (free), and animated gif (yes, you can use an animated GIF for your background...since Win2K) and another freeware encryption app.

Personally, I use RDP to my home PC, so I chose to buy Ultimate, but when people ask me, I always recommend Home Premium unless they specifically need to RDP to their own computer.

(RDP client is available for any version of Windows)

(yes, I realize I'm answering a rhetorical question)

I find it truely amazing how people on one forum think this is great, and how the unappreciative people here hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back