Make this Christmas [H]ard to forget

rhavern

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Apr. 2013/Oct. 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen of the [H]orde around the world, we collectively stand on the precipice of history. As the number one folding team on the planet, we are poised to do what no one thought would ever happen, or was even possible. In less than three short months, the mighty [H]orde could be the first team ever to overtake Default. Now there are others nipping at the [H]orde's heels, but no one could ever take away us doing it first.

So let's make this Christmas [H]ard to forget by defeating Default!

Just slip on your best war face, then cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

hordeovertake+20131002.PNG

Current stats are here: http://kakaostats.com/tr.php?t=33

For [H]onor
For Glory
For the [H]orde!

[H]uzzah! who's with me?!

Last edited:
A great day, comrades. We shail into hishtory!

Make this Christmas [H]ard to forget

I see what you did thar.....

Weather is getting colder, time to fire up those boxen and heat the house! I should be fired up next week. Need to find a folding stable clock for my new cpu and not a whole lot of time due to work.

Weather is getting colder, time to fire up those boxen and heat the house!
oh, oh, that reminds, it's time to raise the overclocks a little. Ambient temps will now support it! Three cheers for cool weather!

I should be getting my PC from home next week, so I'll raise my production from ~1.5k PPD to around 20k PPD. Every little bit helps, right?

I just started folding with my 680 because it got cold and naturally it goes back to the 80's. I'll try to keep it going as long as possible but as soon as it gets cold it'll be going 24/7.

Fiddled around last night and got the cpu and gpu client churning. Don't have any ppd numbers at the moment but I should be good for 50k+ ppd.

Merry C[H]ristmas to us!

Everyone turn your clocks up and lets do this!

BAKE IT!

can someone tell me the best way to extract every ounce of PPD out of my hardware?

I have 2 CPU's ready to go. One is a L5640 and the other is a L5639 on Asus Sabertooth X58 boards. I plan on OCing these guys to 3GHZ or so.

I also have 2 680 gtxs, 2 460 gtxs, one 6990, one 6950, and a 560ti for gpu folding.

I might bring on my i7 970. I have 2 laptops with decent mobile GPUs that I might bring into the fray.

I just found out at -bigadv can no longer be done by hexcore CPU's efficiently. What would you guys recommend for my parameter settings for my CPU/GPU clients?

Added some CPU's at work for a burn in / stress test a little while ago - don't know how long I will be able to keep them folding but will do so for as long as I can.

finally got around to migrating the 69xx cards from BTC to FAH, with the BFL stuff finally here it only makes sense

even closed the window in the shack a couple nights this last week

I'm doing my part

:D

I can't believe no one ever started a thread when you slipped into the top spot for PPD. Guessing everyone else already knows what you have from IRC or something...

I'm still curious what kind of boxes you're running...

Welcome one and all! Many thanks for your kind words of support and more importantly your PPD! Thanks to all who contribute, every PPD brings [H]onor to the [H]orde.

Special thanks to coffaholic, Linden, Skillz, Cypher-, Mike_Shaffer, somecallmeTim, jojo69, and Bob_Dole for bringing more PPD to the [H]orde.

Onward [H]orde, onward to glory and victory!

As of today
Overtake: 81 Days, Date 2013-12-25 02:24

We are bang on target, so we can't ease up. Let's do this!

Last edited:
Finally! Got the 2P 6172 back working without Win SMP. Folding appliance is installed and the easiest thing I have ever done with the FAH project. Tear/Musky/All involved, that is amazing work. The calculator says 138k ppd on bigadv, and easily beating preferred deadlines by 50% on 8104. So roughly 80k per day every day increase just from your expertise. This is why the records keep happening.

Excellent 0ldways! That is exactly the kind of success story that makes us proud to be [H]ard and why [H] will be the first team to Defeat Default!

Overtake: 72 Days, Date 2013-12-18 06:26

We are reeling in Default, let's keep the momentum going!

[H]uzzah!

Last edited:
Well now that I am home, my main rig is back up and running. Probably good for ~20k PPD. I should be bringing it back with me when I go back to NC in a week.

Back