Make the switch to firefox?

qbackin

2[H]4U
I have heard a couple things about FireFox. Is it really much better than IE? Why did you switch?

I switched to firefox because of the tabbed browsing and extensions. Right now I'm experimenting with opera since its free now(no more ads), which seems to have more features standard and smoother scrolling, but less customizeable.

Wow opera is another Web Browser too? Man am I behind :p

Read this at forbes.com makes me want it.

EDIT: Just downloaded. Where are these live bookmarks they speak of?

i love firefox - now i hate it, too many memory leaks still - many small annoying problem - crapy flash support (constant harddrive access) pausing when loading flash pages - PDF support stinks

Opera is so much better, i just recently switched after using FF for almost 2 years.

? not exactly sure what the question relates to

no script is a list of rules for given websites
by default all are denied javascript, which will certainly remove both functionality to many websites as well as the potential for mischeif

you then opt to either allow a site to run a given script permanentely or temporarily
if the site in a tab is on the list its allowed javascripts run

you'll be suprised by the number of scripts unrelated to the basic function of a website you'll find

think of it as a rule based firewall for your browser's use of javascripts ;)

qbackin said:
EDIT: Just downloaded. Where are these live bookmarks they speak of?

Live Bookmarks is Firefox's native RSS feed handling. You bookmark the RSS feed, and each separate story is a dynamic bookmark: as the feed updates, so will your Live Bookmark, and older stories will be deleted to make room for the new ones. It's a very basic implementation for the 99% who don't know what RSS is.

I personally use the Sage extension for RSS handling. I used to use Thunderbird, but decided that having a separate RSS reader was kind of stupid.

i switched because i find it A) faster B) safer C) easier-to-use (pop up blocking + tabbed browsing = awesome)

I find Opera is an overall better browser than firefox. It's faster, more interface customizable, most ff extensions included off bat. You can notice when surfing a webpage, it's just snappier. And this is on my X2 4400+..

I switched to Opera from FireFox. IMO, Opera looks, performs and is better.

i use IE. why? because i do. i've used tons of browsers, they're all meh to me. ie is simple, fast, integrated, and does everything i need it to. i don't need a bajillion features that slow things down and confuse things and need to worry about website compatability and all that crap. so yes, IE is for me.

here come the !!!!!! flames.

InvisableMan said:
i use IE. why? because i do. i've used tons of browsers, they're all meh to me. ie is simple, fast, integrated, and does everything i need it to. i don't need a bajillion features that slow things down and confuse things and need to worry about website compatability and all that crap. so yes, IE is for me.

here come the !!!!!! flames.

Yep, if you are easily confused, you should stick to IE :D j/k

Opera is fast. Mozilla Deerpark is fast.

You cant go wrong with Firefox or Opera. Either has added features over IE. But if you really want the easier of the two go with Firefox. To get extra features for Firefox just download and install an extension, your done. With Opera, most times you will have to play with files yourself. Again,either one will have benefits over IE.

Back