Major NVIDIA announcement monday @ 9am PST

Some posts on here are LOL funny! At least nvidia has provided me this reading entertainment. I never saw so many sarcastic comments. This is great reading. Thank you!

Nope. Just unveiling the card, no launch date.

They still are trying to increase yield and performance. I'm sure the info Charlie received on Fermi, Nvidia is still working to improve upon. There's no way Nvidia could release the version Charlie talked about. Late April to May at best to see this on store shelves and then in very limited quantities.

If they are going to raffle a gtx 480 pc off at pax how is it not going to be released.

...because the problem has been production, not engineering perse. They may have some finalized cards, but not anywhere near enough to go retail.

Anyone recall the last time nvidia used "are you ready?" Do you remember how that one turned out?

Hint, it was the NV30 aka the infamous "DUSTBUSTER"

Some posts on here are LOL funny! At least nvidia has provided me this reading entertainment. I never saw so many sarcastic comments. This is great reading. Thank you!

really? you haven't read those MW2 threads that pop up in the gaming section every so often then?

Test drive our highly-anticipated, next-generation GPU…you may even be able to buy one before anyone else.
Of course the word "may" opens the statement up to all sorts of fail, but it's there under "Nvidia Booth". If they're threatening to sell them at PAX, they can't be too far off.

I love how you click the link for their PAX page...... and its a dead link because they put a period in the hyperlink.

They can't get twitter right, am I supposed to think they can make a viable video card?

Your rig is so nearly identical to mine it's scary. When you make the upgrade let me know what you think, I'm considering an upgrade this summer.

Will do. If everything goes well the card will be here next week.

I love how you click the link for their PAX page...... and its a dead link because they put a period in the hyperlink.

They can't get twitter right, am I supposed to think they can make a viable video card?

Hehe, I sent NVIDIA an email about that when the link went up. Still borked eh? :eek:

Ya I mean cause their oversight in a hyperlink is a direct correlation to their engineering prowess making and producing video cards amirite?11?

Oh wait.....that doesn't make much sense does it?

Ya I mean cause their oversight in a hyperlink is a direct correlation to their engineering prowess making and producing video cards amirite?11?

Oh wait.....that doesn't make much sense does it?

They aren't exactly showing us any differently...

Wow, how retarded. An announcement of an announcement for an announcement a month from now?!? Seriously?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do I have to pay for this entertainment? LOL..Those Hitler videos are all classics...I feel like I owe somebody...oh I do...Thx Nvidia!

Well, it looks like my initial move to sell my SLI GTX280's and buy 2x 5870's when they were released was an excellent move. I still want 2x Fermi if they outperform what I have, but NV is starting to get on my nerves with their stupid PR crap.

I guess im just as frustrated as everybody else. Its one thing to deal in smoke and mirrors, its another to drag your magic act on and on and on when the rabbit might be dead.

This awesome announcement isn't going to do squat to drive ATI card pricing down :(

they had an announcement to announce an announcement,

clearly they are falling off the wagon, at this rate they are going to lose me as a customer for being more about hype than substance

Back