Incomplete_Spork
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2008
- Messages
- 73
While cleaning up my build today I had a small problem after I put everything back together.
After cleaning up my build and re-managing the cable I turned my desktop on to be welcomed with the amazing sounds of pops and to a small spark coming from the inside of my computer.
During the startup the computer told me that it could not detect the hard drive so I knew that was where the sparks were coming from.
Upon further examination of the hard drive, on the bottom right below where the SATA power connector is marked where the problem happened. When trying to see if I could retrieve any data by using a SATA/IDE to USB adapater I had I was sadly mistaken.
I was wondering if there was any way to get my personal files off of my hard drive and onto a new one?
I was also told that it might be possible to swap PCBs and then see if it could work, seeing as how I think the main problem is that the HDD will not get power, but is still able to transer data.
I apologize for any gramamtical errors, I was in a hurry to type this.
After cleaning up my build and re-managing the cable I turned my desktop on to be welcomed with the amazing sounds of pops and to a small spark coming from the inside of my computer.
During the startup the computer told me that it could not detect the hard drive so I knew that was where the sparks were coming from.
Upon further examination of the hard drive, on the bottom right below where the SATA power connector is marked where the problem happened. When trying to see if I could retrieve any data by using a SATA/IDE to USB adapater I had I was sadly mistaken.
I was wondering if there was any way to get my personal files off of my hard drive and onto a new one?
I was also told that it might be possible to swap PCBs and then see if it could work, seeing as how I think the main problem is that the HDD will not get power, but is still able to transer data.
I apologize for any gramamtical errors, I was in a hurry to type this.
