• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MAG out today

i cant find this game anywhere in my local shops. GAME etc werent expecting it to sell so well especially with bioshock 2 on tuesday. I Might have to have a run out to blockbuster...

The guy at my local EB said he was completely out when I got there, but then he looked in the system and it said he had one in stock, but he couldnt find it. Luckily I hung around for a few browsin other stuff and he found it.
 
Been playing a lot this weekend on valor. Friday night we couldn't be stopped. A lot of co-operation. Saturday and today was like we couldn't do anything. I noticed it seems raven all weekend had their stuff together. Is this badluck or are the team players all on other pmc's
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Been playing a lot this weekend on valor. Friday night we couldn't be stopped. A lot of co-operation. Saturday and today was like we couldn't do anything. I noticed it seems raven all weekend had their stuff together. Is this badluck or are the team players all on other pmc's
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Same here, im on Valor and we won about 2 games out of about 10, the Raven seem to really know their shit/safest routes etc, they always seem to headshot me aswell!! I need me some upgrades!
 
is this really the game you got to get that "tactical" game feel? The beta had me thinking that holy shit what I do in this battle doesn't matter one bit and nobody cares. . . I think mag is going in the wrong direction... for "tactical" you need small teams, mid sized even maps, and no respawning so people actually care about dying. Socom 2 had it perfect. socom 3 did it well. socom confrontation is decent if you get a group of guys together to play with, but by yourself is terrible... other then those 3 games I've never felt tactical in a game... but man. socom 2 had me hooked and satisfied for some 5 years :)
 
is this really the game you got to get that "tactical" game feel? The beta had me thinking that holy shit what I do in this battle doesn't matter one bit and nobody cares. . . I think mag is going in the wrong direction... for "tactical" you need small teams, mid sized even maps, and no respawning so people actually care about dying. Socom 2 had it perfect. socom 3 did it well. socom confrontation is decent if you get a group of guys together to play with, but by yourself is terrible... other then those 3 games I've never felt tactical in a game... but man. socom 2 had me hooked and satisfied for some 5 years :)
Agreed best tactical shooter I've played is Americas Army. You die and stay dead till next round.

After a weekend of playing I can tell you this. A good squad with mics can create a massive headache for the opposing team. 2 good suads on mics with a solid OIC can make a massive difference. Even iff the other 2-3 squads are screwing around.

The key to this game imo is the quality of people in your platoon. Desperately searching for a decent clan atm. Best games I've played so far has been with various clans dominating the roster.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Played my first 256 player match last night. Domination against SVER on defense. Had my first holy shit moment. Nothing says screwed like seeing 80 someodd guys parachuting in to assault your base. Was really cool.

Added you guys last night. Usually on after 9pm till around 12am.
 
Played my first 256 player match last night. Domination against SVER on defense. Had my first holy shit moment. Nothing says screwed like seeing 80 someodd guys parachuting in to assault your base. Was really cool.

Added you guys last night. Usually on after 9pm till around 12am.

I hope i shot you.
 
When you get in with a good team this game is great , but most times you get a bunch of people running around doing thier own thing. it irratates me when i see my teammates running around the valor sabo map when we should all be inside defending c.THis game needs teamwork in order to be fun.
 
When you get in with a good team this game is great , but most times you get a bunch of people running around doing thier own thing. it irratates me when i see my teammates running around the valor sabo map when we should all be inside defending c.THis game needs teamwork in order to be fun.

some of those people are out there trying to stop the opposing team from even making it to C. camping out in the objective is one of the stupidest things Ive seen people do in this game. Its more often times than not a recipie for them getting steam rolled right back to the spawns. The idea is to push one way or another while defending C it helps out alot if the attackers cant even make it to the door or stairs.

I dont think it needs teamwork to be fun, but if the team youre playing on doesnt have any skills killing then its a pretty lame time.
 
just had my first 256 player match......epic!! It beats any other multiplayer fps imo.
 
Think I'm going to go look for it today. You guys got me hyped up on it.
 
When you pick pmc here's something I wish I new ahead of time.
SVER=high damage low accuracy
Valor=mid range everything
Raven=high accuracy low damage
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
When you pick pmc here's something I wish I new ahead of time.
SVER=high damage low accuracy
Valor=mid range everything
Raven=high accuracy low damage
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Ah i didnt know that! good job i picked Valor!!
Just hit level 10
current Loaded out favourite is:
Med Kit to heal my self and others,
Repair Tool
Sniper
Handgun
Minimum armour

Some real Chaotic games out there, Last game i had i snipered a dozen parachuters lol!
 
When you pick pmc here's something I wish I new ahead of time.
SVER=high damage low accuracy
Valor=mid range everything
Raven=high accuracy low damage
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Thank you for the heads up on this.

Do we have a [H] group that plays regularly together? This will be my first MP game for the ps3 so I have zero friends unless you count my dad and our lego star wars sessions haha.
 
Thank you for the heads up on this.

Do we have a [H] group that plays regularly together? This will be my first MP game for the ps3 so I have zero friends unless you count my dad and our lego star wars sessions haha.

Noone has tried to organise anything. Myself and 2 others are on valor for sure scroll up for the psn info. I'm usually on after 9pm cst till midnight.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
sorry for not reading this entire thread but..
Honestly, put all the glitches aside, how does this game stack up to MW2??
 
The games are so different it would really be hard to compare. To me, it's run n gun compared to tactical team play. Both games are unique in their own respect. Just like every answer to a post asking for a comparison, it's all personal preference.

I own MW2, but games similar to the Battlefield style are my favorite. Large mapped, objective based, squad play is the way to go...so I like this game :)

Add me!
I'm on S.V.E.R for now
RXthree is my PSN id
 
sorry for not reading this entire thread but..
Honestly, put all the glitches aside, how does this game stack up to MW2??

apples and oranges to be honest. With that said I do enjoy the tactical teamwork of MAG considerably better than MW2.
 
sorry for not reading this entire thread but..
Honestly, put all the glitches aside, how does this game stack up to MW2??

Only thing similiar between the two is guys in cammo and their FPS's. For example, Domination maps are massive. Have multiple control points that need to be assaulted and taken, or recaptured and defended. It takes a huge co-ordinated effort to win in this game type. Not to mention you respawn by either an airdrop, fly in on a helicopter gunship similiar to a Blackhawk, or in one of your teams active APC's. You always have a sense of participating in this massive battle at every turn. Artillary going off left and right, warnings of incoming bomber attacks etc... It can get pretty insane.

While MW2 IMHO feels like team deathmatch.
 
I was a big PlanetSide player back in the day. I want to play MAG, but I do not have a PS3. Is it worth getting a PS3 to play this game? I've wanted one for awhile, but nothing has really pushed me to get one until now.
 
I was a big PlanetSide player back in the day. I want to play MAG, but I do not have a PS3. Is it worth getting a PS3 to play this game? I've wanted one for awhile, but nothing has really pushed me to get one until now.

I'm enjoying the game much more so than any of the CoD series. So far the network has seem extremely stable, no crashes or rubber banding issues that I saw so far. I like the maps and the different factions do seem to be unique so far and I like the various maps and the objectives. Guns seem to be pretty vanilla but I love the fact that you have to lead your targets and that sniper rifles actually take skill to use. The advancement system seems to be pretty straightforward and they offer a respec so you can change up your playstyle.

The bad so far. Played a few rounds of sabotage tonight and all 3 games we were really outnumbered. I mean one round we had 4 people in our squad against 2 full squads for almost 15 minutes. Those games really suck, but it did have the strange effect of gaining me lots of kills and exp points.

Not alot of information on the game, in the game if that makes sense. No clue about the classes besides the obvious. Didn't know how to heal people, didn't know about the advancement page, and there are a few other minor quirks here and there.

Overall I give the game a solid two thumbs up if you like tactical teambased fps.
 
I was a big PlanetSide player back in the day. I want to play MAG, but I do not have a PS3. Is it worth getting a PS3 to play this game? I've wanted one for awhile, but nothing has really pushed me to get one until now.

depends on how big of a deal dropping 360$ is to you. I bought a PS3 and built a X.I.M for this game after playing Planetside for years and havent been disapointed so far. One way to look at it would be if you buy it and dont like it you can always sell the PS3 and game and recover the bulk of the investment. If you were already on the fence about picking up a PS3 (for other exclusives or bluray or whatever) and liked Planetside the chances are good that you would enjoy MAG enough to justify the cost of the console and game. Also worth factoring in is that unlike Planetside there is no monthly fee so you only need to play for a handfull of months to really get your monies worth out of the game cost itself.
 
Well thanks for the input guys. I am still interested in one, but my friend mentioned something that concerned me.

I was talking to him about MAG. He said that he has network issues here at the dorm that cause him to have about 200-500 ping on MW2 with his 360. This confuses me because I never have this issue when gaming on my computer. Is this more of a 360 related issue? If this would happen with a PS3 I don't think I would be that interested in getting one.
 
Well thanks for the input guys. I am still interested in one, but my friend mentioned something that concerned me.

I was talking to him about MAG. He said that he has network issues here at the dorm that cause him to have about 200-500 ping on MW2 with his 360. This confuses me because I never have this issue when gaming on my computer. Is this more of a 360 related issue? If this would happen with a PS3 I don't think I would be that interested in getting one.

Sounds like a connection issue and most likely unrelated to the game/console.
 
im on mobile broadband and my ping is about 80-90 so hes defo got connection issues
 
Back
Top