Macbook replacement parts

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there anywhere to get these that doesn't look like a ripoff site from china?

Specifically A1181 Keyboard/Touchpad/Top Cover.

180 used, dear lord.

Might have to part out the black beast.

Take it to your local applestore. Top cases like that are covered free for 4 years after date of purchased. and after that its only $140.

I'm in a pretty rural area and my MB is over 4 years old so... Pretty sure i am going to game with 60 bucks from one of these shifty chinese sites or ebay and see how it goes.

I'm expecting around a 55% chance of being ripped off.

I'm in a pretty rural area and my MB is over 4 years old so... Pretty sure i am going to game with 60 bucks from one of these shifty chinese sites or ebay and see how it goes.

Sorry, brother. The good thing is that the top case is relatively simple to replace. Here's to hoping you don't get ripped off!

Sorry, brother. The good thing is that the top case is relatively simple to replace. Here's to hoping you don't get ripped off!

Well my keyboard and touchpad would intermittently stop working so i was opening it up to make sure the connections were firm when i ripped the bloody connector off.

Won't make that mistake with the new one lol.

I would up that to an ~80% chance lol. It's too bad you don't have an Apple Store near ya, tehy are great for things like this. Let us know how it goes!

I would up that to an ~80% chance lol. It's too bad you don't have an Apple Store near ya, tehy are great for things like this. Let us know how it goes!

Update, finally got my 60 dollar keyboard in and it's in absolutely perfect condition. The auction listing is impossible to understand because their english is so bad, but apparently some of them are used adn some are new. I'm guessing i got a new one.

Unfortunately, the touchpad button doesn't work, which is quite helpful if you want to freaking highlight something. SHEESH!!

Note for future posters, don't buy replacement parts from chinese dudes on ebay.

I've bought several Macbook top cases from eBay and never had a problem.

I've bought several keyboard replacements for unibodies from ebay and it took three replacements to get one that worked.

I've bought several keyboard replacements for unibodies from ebay and it took three replacements to get one that worked.

I shoulda listened to you. Cost 1/2 the price of the part to send it back to china, it's not even worth it.

Gonna hook it up to a monitor/keyboard and use it as a desktop or sell it on ebay. At least tapping works.

Send it to me and I'll take it to the Apple Store for you and send it back.

Back