Mac Sleeper Computer

elvis1

Weaksauce
Is someone aware of any online deals willing to sell Mac Pro Cases that would be fully dissembled so shipping all the way from the US into Arg would not be that expensive ?
Thing is I am not looking into something fancy ( willing to assemble /make a sleeper computer).

EDIT : in Arg there is nothing like what I am seeking in the local market as Apple products are not cheap at all ( maybe 2*/4* what it costs in the US).
EDIT2 : The one I found is for a whole system but they are seeking :
80,000 Argentine Peso equals

339.39 United States Dollar

Thanks

Last edited:
I would simply operate under the assumption that any hobby you want to build out won’t be cheap.

It’s possible to buy G5’s out here for $100 or whatever, but then you’re going top have to pay shipping on top of that. That will be at least another $100. And nobody is going to disassemble this for you because they don’t want to be liable for any damage to the case.

Only way you’ll get what you want is if you either fly to the US, or know someone in the US who you trust to do this for you. Either who lives here. Is visiting. Or otherwise.

EDIT: doing a quick look on eBay shows there are quite a few G5’s that could be had for <$100. But you’d have to hit them all up about how much it’s costs to ship. And like I said, it’s likely that will be at least $100.

Last edited:
Neat project, I do think that shipping cost on the case will be very high though. The PowerMac G5 and 2006-2012 Mac Pro cases aren't really possible to be fully disassembled and packed flat- many parts are riveted together and a large portion of the outer case is a single shaped piece of aluminum. So even disassembled as much as possible the case won't be any smaller.

Back