Decided to do a SSF build within the M350 chassis with the following parts:

cpu | INTEL i3-2100T
mb | ASROCK H67M-ITX LGA 1155
hd 01 | SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT 2.5” ST95005620AS 500GB 7200 RPM HYBRID HD
hd 02 | WD 640 GB 2.5” WD6400BPVT
ram | AVEXIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
hsf | STOCK
os | WINDOWS 7 HOME 64-BIT

parts! hd01 is inside the case (hd01 and case bought off [h]ard member) and not shown is hd02
W9kksUDg

hd01 clearance over stock hsf, still had a few mm to spare!
1pFUMK5m

First problem that arose after I got started :( . 20-pin connector cable is a little too short to reach bah!
DYhh71DS

Comparison pic of 24-pin location on mb between Intel D510MO + Intel Atom N10 combo and Asrock H67M mb
lmnyP32b

Questions.
1) Is there a longer 20-pin connector cable that I can buy or extension cable or something?
2) Is it necessary to use the 4-pin?

Bah, should've researched more on picoPSUs haha

Last edited:

Thanks for the info!

As for the problem regarding the 20-pin not reaching, after trying again, I just got it to barely fit. Not sure how I feel about it long term though :X
jEsGQ7CU

As for the P4 connector, I found this: 4-Pin P4 Mini Power Cable for PicoPSU-80 but its only four inches long and I think it needs to be at least nine inches long, ten to be safe. Unless there's a longer one, I might have to a Y splitter cable + 4 pin p4 power cable + molex to sata cable since I'll be using two HDs.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi, I'd be curious about the temps idle and under load.
Maybe you'll have a minute to let us know sometimes, thanks.

Hi, I'd be curious about the temps idle and under load.
Maybe you'll have a minute to let us know sometimes, thanks.

Haha I'll post them when I can. Still in the beginning stages!

Have any of you guys run a PicoPSU on an ATX power extension cable like that one? I'm currently working on a build in a Wesena ITX2, and the PicoPSU blocks the 2.5" drive mount (on the side of the case) when plugged directly into the motherboard. I'm thinking of using an extension cable, but I'm not sure if there's a place I can safely mount the PicoPSU where I don't have to worry about any of the power rails shorting to anything.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back