• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M2N32-SLI Deluxe Issues

Riddlinkidstoner

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
4,630
I came home today to find my rig didn't power on properly. I would hit the switch and it would power on for one second and immediately shut off. I took this time to disassemble the entire box and clean every component. After reassembling, same result. I then reset the cmos and it finally powered on only to get an error beep code. One long and three short. I researched this beep code to find its related to a graphic card memory error.

I then hopped on craigslist and found 2 260GTX's for $180. I went ahead and picked those up and decided to try them. I installed both of them. Same error code. Installed one each. Same error code. I pulled my 5450 from my HTPC and it finally POSTs only to give a CMOS error. I continued into windows and noticed its running strangely. USB doesn't fully work properly and it seems to run sluggish. I also swapped the ram with my HTPC with the same results. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the computer to find it wouldn't POST again until I reset the cmos. I installed my 5830 and 260's in my HTPC to find they work properly so I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed the motherboard. I swapped the PSU as well with the same result.

So my question is that would a bios update fix this or should I just go and buy a new motherboard? Also any recommendations for an AMD SLI DDR2 motherboards?
 
Well a BIOS update certainly can't hurt at this point. Also replace the CMOS battery just to rule that out.

But if you want a AM2+ SLI DDR2 motherboard, you're gonna be SOL there.
 
I tried to update the bios. Ez flash doesn't open any directories. Asus update won't install due to funky issues. Also replaced the cmos battery.

Well damn. I guess I am SOL.
 
Any chance that mobo is still within the three year warranty?
 
I had the same problems. This was the end result.


I beleive their was a dust bunny trapped behind the mb.
 
Interesting. Unlikely its within the warranty and even if it is, I bought it second hand with no box or paperwork. I'm going to take it apart and see whats underneath those pipes.

EDIT: I removed the heatpipes and found no evidence of damage. On a site note, I picked up an NF980-G65 and 4GB of Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 from Frys yesterday only to find it won't POST either. Not even a beep.

Blah.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top