LulzSec Takes Another Sony Scalp

Dear Internets,

Herro! Recently some of you may have seen "LulzSec exposed" logs floating around. We'd like the time to say this:
LOL. Those logs are primarily from a channel called #pure-elite, which is /not/ the LulzSec core chatting channel. #pure-elite is where we gather potential backup/subcrew research and development battle fleet members, i.e. we were using that channel only to recruit talent for side-operations.

Note that people such as joepie91/Neuron/Storm/trollpoll/voodoo are not involved with LulzSec, they just hang out with us in that channel. Also, "ev0", who was allegedly arrested (?) was never a part of LulzSec or in fact the subcrew. We don't even know who he is.

Despite the fact that we're laughing heartily right now, we do take care of our subcrew, and as such the person who leaked those logs (m_nerva) has been completely hacked inside and out. We have all his online accounts, all his personal information, all the illegal thingshe's done on record. We destroyed him so hard that he sat there apologizing to us all night on IRC for what he did. His mother probably spanked him after we wrecked his home connection. Uh-oh, m_nerva!

Our core chatting channel remains unaffected. Our core LulzSec team is at full strength. The Lulz Boat sails stronger thanever, nice try though.

TL;DR we are too sexy to be sunk, hacking continues as usual, u mad bros?
Looool ^that sounds like a couple of wankers with Nintendos

I'd be surprised if they were over the age of 25. Talking like that just spews immaturity, (And no, that's not what "having a good time" is like). Bunch of people who have nothing better to do.

Do I like Sony, No
Do I own sony products, Yes

However I like the fact that this has become the longest running global bitch slap to a corporation, ever.. I look forward to reading up on the daily bitch slaps of sony.. Maybe sooner or later corps will learn to not fuck their customers or the possibility of this BS may happen.. I understand a company trying to protect its assets, but seriously, this shitstorm started when they removed other OS from the PS3, and while a while like 2% of users actually used it, the point is that you dont take something away that people already paid for..

And here is a helpful HOW TO on hacking sony..

Start
RUN
Type: //sony.com [enter]
User: admin
Pass: (Leave this blank)

Lulz

Major fail in your logic. You don't create lasting change by threats and intimidation. Just the same way that the Black Panthers didn't exactly do any favors for the black equality movement.

You think this will change one single atomic bit of how corporations operate? Think again.

It's all about punishment. Human nature doesn't know they are doing something wrong until they are punished and these hackers are bending over Sony and whipping them with their belt.

I think it will definitely have an effect moreover than anything else. Some users want Sony to pay for their wrongdoing, Sony is losing definitely some money bringing down the network for maintenance/upgrading/whatever because that's less time people are renting movies or buying video games or whatever Sony makes off their playstation store. People want instant gratification these days because the small minority that absolutely hates Sony won't see any lasting effect if they just simply "don't buy their product." They want EVERYONE to know that they are angry and they are publicly making Sony look very weak. This is the exact reaction they wanted and they will continue until they either get imprisoned or simple bored.

On a more positive side, this sheds a lot of light to other companies that being hacked is a definite possibility. Hopefully people will beef up internet securities and make the internet a safer place.

Major fail in your logic. You don't create lasting change by threats and intimidation. Just the same way that the Black Panthers didn't exactly do any favors for the black equality movement.

You think this will change one single atomic bit of how corporations operate? Think again.

Naah, its mostly wishful thinking..
Regardless.. Watching Sony get bitch slapped around like a gay adopted ginger step child by a few handfulls of people likely not old enough to go to jail is incredibly hilarious to me..

The HOPE is that Sony will stop being as much of a douche, and start being a little more friendly to the open-source community as its very obvious that that they create objects of digi-lust the people will not stop trying to break down.

The REALITY is they they will inevitably survive this onslaught, and come out on the other end so incredibly locked down that it will require a blood sample, retina scan, and to pre-sign your own arrest warrant when you buy sony products.

I personally think Sony is great at making electronic devices, many times they have come out with cool stuff ahead of the curve, but their business practices just make them look foolish over and over again..

Most people here agree. The expectation of winning a war against the mind set of the Corporations isn't going to happen unless you believe in over throwing the government or miracles. Watching the battle unfold, now that is entertainment at its best and of course this is all about Little Davids vs the Goliaths. For now I'm enjoying sony, being belittled and humiliated by a few individuals, knocking them down a few notches. Can't wait to hear what their damage control statements will be. Howard Stringer where are you when sony needs you or are you getting ready to jump ship.

This type of crap is only used as justification further crackdowns, restrictions, and so on.

Enjoy the lulz while you can, but be prepared for the bitchslap of the century in retaliation when new even harsher laws get passed.

*Yawn* damn this NUTSAC group is dull as shit, can they find something else to break?

They broke into Iran Government email addresses and leaked private and confidential Iranian government information in an attempt to discredit Iran.

This group also hacked recently Nintendo for a warning for them to secure their new 3DS network with hopes Nintendo will improve it. Kind of a, 'hey guys, your network sucks. Secure it before everyone adds their data, kthxbye'.

Those two both happened within the last 3 days as well as the Sony developer network source code. So for 3 days work, they've been pretty busy and attacking multiple targets for different reasons/objectives. Some political. In that regards, good for them?

I hope LulzSec gets caught. They are really affecting everyone BUT Sony right now. Yet the sheep are still cheering on script kiddies. How the internet has changed for the worse.

script kiddies cant win so often, they use simple methods but they are way to quick to be simple script kiddies, they cheerish nintendo and sega, they're old skool.
they're prolly not noobs at all, they just hate sony for being idiots, as do I, as Long as i can buy my sony projector, that'll be my only sony product! yes i've somehow avoided all other products without knowing it, I was neutral to them before but recent times remind me of the old shit + all the new crap that's happening from sony, they sortof deserve it.

This type of crap is only used as justification further crackdowns, restrictions, and so on.

Enjoy the lulz while you can, but be prepared for the bitchslap of the century in retaliation when new even harsher laws get passed.

This.

You guys cried over Geo, this is all going to lead to shit way way worse and I couldn't be happier. Keep hacking, keep causing trouble, eventually your going to piss off to many people who have a handle on lawmakers.

Can't wait for SWAT to demolish some kids hopes and dreams, a judge to sentence some kids to 10 years in prison or longer, higher fines than a lifetime of work at McDonald's can bring, I can't wait for the day that the overwhelming prejudice of global justice system rains down on these kids. Ruin their entire life for all I care.

This is not just a US problem, I am positive a universal agreement will be had globally on hackers save a few countries above England not even worth naming.

Go ahead, laugh, joke and praise these guys. It's ok.

Do I like Sony, No
Do I own sony products, Yes

However I like the fact that this has become the longest running global bitch slap to a corporation, ever.. I look forward to reading up on the daily bitch slaps of sony.. Maybe sooner or later corps will learn to not fuck their customers or the possibility of this BS may happen.. I understand a company trying to protect its assets, but seriously, this shitstorm started when they removed other OS from the PS3, and while a while like 2% of users actually used it, the point is that you dont take something away that people already paid for..

And here is a helpful HOW TO on hacking sony..

Start
RUN
Type: //sony.com [enter]
User: admin
Pass: (Leave this blank)

Lulz

For almost .03 seconds I thought about doing this!

OK, It's noon on Tuesday and no new Sony post. Steve must be slacking.

Have you done your part by writing your elected representatives telling them how you feel.

This.

You guys cried over Geo, this is all going to lead to shit way way worse and I couldn't be happier. Keep hacking, keep causing trouble, eventually your going to piss off to many people who have a handle on lawmakers.

Can't wait for SWAT to demolish some kids hopes and dreams, a judge to sentence some kids to 10 years in prison or longer, higher fines than a lifetime of work at McDonald's can bring, I can't wait for the day that the overwhelming prejudice of global justice system rains down on these kids. Ruin their entire life for all I care.
This is not just a US problem, I am positive a universal agreement will be had globally on hackers save a few countries above England not even worth naming.

Go ahead, laugh, joke and praise these guys. It's ok.

All I read from you is that you have given up hope and your cheering on the government to pass more laws taking more of your rights away. Your forgetting who started this whole thing. Sony goes to a judge and demands all this info on a kid and the judge says sure and is their anything else I can do for you while your here. Don't hesitate to call me, I'm here at your disposal. Is this what you really want.

All I read from you is that you have given up hope and your cheering on the government to pass more laws taking more of your rights away. Your forgetting who started this whole thing. Sony goes to a judge and demands all this info on a kid and the judge says sure and is their anything else I can do for you while your here. Don't hesitate to call me, I'm here at your disposal. Is this what you really want.

Truth.

It's scary just how fucking stupid people are. I bet next-Jin watches the news and thinks everything is factual and exact.

The entire fucking planet is losing its mind and people are cheering it on.

At least some people are awake enough to see through the bullshit.

Truth.

It's scary just how fucking stupid people are. I bet next-Jin watches the news and thinks everything is factual and exact.

By hacking sony for customers information? Sure is seeing through the bullshit. I see more people here cheering on the hackers than not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I am, it's quite the vocal minority around here.

Truth.

Well, regardless of all the "hacking" ... Whatever the after-math of this would happen eventually anyways given theu current state of things.. At least this way we get to laugh at the Sony Corporation being spanked by a small group of uncoordinated pre-pubes.. Our consumer rights will fall right along with them..

By hacking sony for customers information? Sure is seeing through the bullshit. I see more people here cheering on the hackers than not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I am, it's quite the vocal minority around here.

"The Senate has confirmed former RIAA attorney Donald Verrilli Jr. as the new Solicitor General."
Part of the reason the fight is on, latest headline, now you can go back and stick your head in the sand. You just don't see whats happening until its to late.

I see what's happening. Do I like it? Nope. But because Sony is involved it makes it right that hackers should be cheered on for their actions?

Your hatred towards a company shows. Sony failed miserably, yes, but nobody should think what the hackers are doing is anything "robin hood" like.

I see what's happening. Do I like it? Nope. But because Sony is involved it makes it right that hackers should be cheered on for their actions?

Your hatred towards a company shows. Sony failed miserably, yes, but nobody should think what the hackers are doing is anything "robin hood" like.
Sony just happens to be in the spotlight and their past history has proven what they think of their customers. Sony just happens to reflect what most Corporations think of their customers and sony became so arrogant they quit trying to hide that fact. Substitute sony for AT&T, Comcast, etc etc and this is what the fight is all about.

Sony just happens to be in the spotlight and their past history has proven what they think of their customers. Sony just happens to reflect what most Corporations think of their customers and sony became so arrogant they quit trying to hide that fact. Substitute sony for AT&T, Comcast, etc etc and this is what the fight is all about.

Now that seems more reasonable. And what I agree is that most large corporations are like this, not just Sony. Yet we rarely hear about that, these hackers really need to use their time to do something other than screwing over customers.

Well, regardless of all the "hacking" ... Whatever the after-math of this would happen eventually anyways given theu current state of things.. At least this way we get to laugh at the Sony Corporation being spanked by a small group of uncoordinated pre-pubes.. Our consumer rights will fall right along with them..

George Orwell wrote in his 1942 essay "Pacifism and the War", "If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help that of the other."
So like a lot of people here who are against the hackers, by doing nothing your actually helping the other side achieve their agenda. So if you have time to read a few snippets Google "sony charged with price fixing", this is just a glimpse of what this is about. LutzSec might have a distorted way of seeing things from your point of view, they at least make an effort. They take a stand and are doing something.

Now that seems more reasonable. And what I agree is that most large corporations are like this, not just Sony. Yet we rarely hear about that, these hackers really need to use their time to do something other than screwing over customers.
Maybe in their own logic they have put the fear into customers to abandon sony as a company to deal with, and leave personal info to take care of. Remember this goes back to whether people can trust the internet for commerce. In a way sony has created doubts about the safety of the net which can affect other companies bottom line. Is it any wonder they have been called in front of the senate sub committee to explain themselves. This is a major black eye on sony, no matter how sony dumbs this down and apologize and apologize and apologize.....

George Orwell wrote in his 1942 essay "Pacifism and the War", "If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help that of the other."
So like a lot of people here who are against the hackers, by doing nothing your actually helping the other side achieve their agenda. So if you have time to read a few snippets Google "sony charged with price fixing", this is just a glimpse of what this is about. LutzSec might have a distorted way of seeing things from your point of view, they at least make an effort. They take a stand and are doing something.

+1 :cool:

For the sheer fact that I'm not an investor, a politician, a judge, or a member of any group that has any kind of influence on Sonys decisions, all methods I would use to fight against Sony would be illegal, involving shoving entire shipping containers of PS3's up their asses and breaking into their server rooms and peeing on all the equipment, and then making "Speed Holes" in all their computers... I guess I could challenge Sonys CEO to a jousting tournament..

How does one help fight against Sony without be a lolzdouche?

For the sheer fact that I'm not an investor, a politician, a judge, or a member of any group that has any kind of influence on Sonys decisions, all methods I would use to fight against Sony would be illegal, involving shoving entire shipping containers of PS3's up their asses and breaking into their server rooms and peeing on all the equipment, and then making "Speed Holes" in all their computers... I guess I could challenge Sonys CEO to a jousting tournament..

How does one help fight against Sony without be a lolzdouche?
Sony has to pay millions and millions of dollars to project an image through marketing what they would like the consumers to believe. What is happening with all the reports and stories of the hacking , people doing some extra research and reading, is that it makes sony out to be a lair. To have all this come into the lime light is to show sony for what they are and it doesn't cost us a cent. Until the rootkit fiasco, I didn't know sony had been charged and found guilty with price fixing all over the world. All sony has done is pay the penalty's and say that its the cost of doing business.I can't do what you stated above but I can get the word out, orally and written, all it costs me is my time. There use to be a saying that if a company is good to you, you might not say anything or you will tell one other person. If a company is not open and honest you will tell 10 other people or more. I can honestly say this is hurting sony in more ways then you can imagine. I can bet that their having board room meetings every day trying to figure out how to stop the image they have spent millions on from collapsing. The nice thing about this is they don't have a monopoly or duopoly as in the cell phone market. This will hurt their cash flow and if I read correctly, sony shares are down. People can shop around for their entertainment products.
One example of how not to be as you said a "lolzdouche"

I'd be surprised if they were over the age of 25. Talking like that just spews immaturity, (And no, that's not what "having a good time" is like). Bunch of people who have nothing better to do.

yeah you can see the one who wrote that haven't seen puberty yet or a vagina except at birth. that's kids that

I hope LulzSec gets caught. They are really affecting everyone BUT Sony right now. Yet the sheep are still cheering on script kiddies. How the internet has changed for the worse.

All Sony has to do is fix their shit to stop the script kiddies.

So like a lot of people here who are against the hackers, by doing nothing your actually helping the other side achieve their agenda.
I haven't seen people being against the hackers, per se, but rather asking why are they fucking with customers.

You expect me to be supportive of a group stealing my credit card information and pumping my private info onto the internet? That makes zero sense.

If the hackers were doing something that *only* negatively affected Sony I wouldn't give a rat's ass. Here's a little test as to whether Sony is being harmed by any of this shit: stop any random kid walking home from school and ask him what he thinks of the PSN being down.

Of all my friend's kids in the teenage group, they all want to find "that motherfucker responsible" for them not being able to play Black Ops. That's it. These kids are going to grow up with no ill-will towards Sony and they're the ones who will make or break the company over the next 10-15 years.

You expect me to be supportive of a group stealing my credit card information and pumping my private info onto the internet? That makes zero sense.

The question I ask is, How can a company that had a cash flow of 87 billion dollars take their customers information so lightly and have a security system so weak that "script kiddies"as others have referred to them, can break in even after sony said they closed the holes up. My anger would be directed towards sony for allowing this to happen. Sony wants to be a global Corporation then maybe they should be more proactive and set an example for others to follow. As it is now sony has to play catch up. For myself I know where money isn't going. Sony has a lot to prove and if after all this, one still wants to deal with sony as a customer then I would say their a glutton for punishment.

Corporate espionage? Share restructuring anyone? Simple SQL injections, unhashed passwords and user details, leakage of the network source code, etc. are a good way to destroy make a stock drop right before E3 when their stocks will probably explode again after showing off the PSVita.

Corporate espionage? Share restructuring anyone? Simple SQL injections, unhashed passwords and user details, leakage of the network source code, etc. are a good way to make a stock price drop exponentially.. right before E3 when their stock prices will go through the roof after showing off the awesome new PSP replacement (PSVita).

Whoops, didn't mean to hit submit.

Truth.

First of all hacking a corporations database and stealing information should be criminal and should come with punishment. I don't give a shit what some of you people think about who is right and wrong. I ALWAYS look at both sides, just like now I look at the hackers side and see a bunch of fucking kids/criminals hurting Sony, and hurting their customers.

You think Sony is some evil company? Drive down any major street in your local city, you'll find more than a few other companies just as bad. I believe in protecting ones IP, if I release a product and my entire business revolves around selling software you bet your ass I will try and prevent piracy especially when it would have been as easy as it was. If Sony had done nothing like you people suggest the Playstation console would be piracy heaven right now and everyone would lose.

Your hero Geohot bitched out, he pretty much laughed at all of you after giving him a shit ton of money and people are still pissed at Sony.

Give me a break :rolleyes:

First of all hacking a corporations database and stealing information should be criminal and should come with punishment. I don't give a shit what some of you people think about who is right and wrong. I ALWAYS look at both sides, just like now I look at the hackers side and see a bunch of fucking kids/criminals hurting Sony, and hurting their customers.

You think Sony is some evil company? Drive down any major street in your local city, you'll find more than a few other companies just as bad. I believe in protecting ones IP, if I release a product and my entire business revolves around selling software you bet your ass I will try and prevent piracy especially when it would have been as easy as it was. If Sony had done nothing like you people suggest the Playstation console would be piracy heaven right now and everyone would lose.

Your hero Geohot bitched out, he pretty much laughed at all of you after giving him a shit ton of money and people are still pissed at Sony.

Give me a break :rolleyes:
1:"You think Sony is some evil company? Drive down any major street in your local city, you'll find more than a few other companies just as bad."
You still believe in two wrongs make a right.
2" I believe in protecting ones IP,."
So we agree that sony should have been more diligent in protecting their customers PI.
3"if I release a product and my entire business revolves around selling software you bet your ass I will try and prevent piracy especially when it would have been as easy as it was."
So we agree that sony releasing its customers information was wrong,and you bet your ass that you would try and prevent the piracy, especially when it would have been as easy as it was.
4:"I ALWAYS look at both sides, just like now I look at the hackers side and see a bunch of fucking kids/criminals hurting Sony,"
I look at both sides and I see "a bunch of fucking kids/criminals" doing sonys customers a favor. If real criminals such as organized crime broke into sony, I don't think they would advertise the fact and not given sonys customers a chance to deal with the theft. Sony would have swept it under the carpet, when looking at their other past examples.
So it looks like your on the same bandwagon and agree that sony was incompetent, and derelict in their duties as a company and not safe to hold on to their customers information. Its obvious you wouldn't hand over your personal information to sony especially your credit card#, or would you.

I disagree with point 4, especially. They are not doing any of us (customers) a favor by taking our information and spreading it. That is in fact the complete opposite. If they wanted support, real support, they would have gone about doing it differently and a bit more civilized.

Are people still mad at the drm issue lol......... Grow up.

Back