LulzSec Opens A Request Line

HardOCP News

[H] News
While this may be funny, I seriously think stunts like this are going to get these guys busted. Thanks to Greg M. for the link!

The group publicized the telephone hotline on its Twitter feed. Callers to the US number are met with a recorded message, in a heavy French accent, by an individual calling themselves Pierre Dubois.

-Pierre Dubois
-An english speaking individual with a heavy french accent

I'm willing to wager some huge amounts of money that this guy is Canadian. Specifically from the Province of Quebec. Wouldn't be surprised if he were either from Montreal or somewhere in the NCR lol.

Next headline - Lulzsec members arrested get intimately acquainted with Bubba.

These guys aren't freedom fighters (taking down Minecraft and Eve!?) there just idiots hacking anything they can think of and laughing all the way to jail rape.

"lulz" aside, these guys are making themselves out to be digital terrorists. I personally don't feel my information is secure if they're soliciting their efforts.

"lulz" aside, these guys are making themselves out to be digital terrorists. I personally don't feel my information is secure if they're soliciting their efforts.

Agreed and I think they and their ilk need to be responded to as such.

Enough of this.

Who would be stupid enough to call this number? You see that van outside? Yeah, you called the number didn't you?

How do DDOS attacks prove how good the group is at hacking? This seems more like aggravated assault for hire rather than a movement with a purpose. Interesting how these guys contradict themselves at every turn.

cant wait to see these guys traced. i mean, these guys are in bigger sh** than they think.... simple. one of them will be caught, and one of them will talk with a big enough deal from any government anywhere in the world.. They may be fantastic at covering their traces and extremely smart, but there is better money to be made from tracing/preventing these sorts of people than there is being one of these people.

it may be days, weeks or years, but they will eventually one of them will fu** up somewhere. ill laugh. untill then i feed sorry for these companies coming under fire.

obviously sony deserved it, but it went from hurting the company to hurting the end user. i went from loving lulzsec to thinking they are a bunch of smart people that dont have any morals at all.

then when ive heard about hacking innocent game companies... umm... what the fuckk?

groups like this have been around before and will definitely around again. they will eventually get caught no matter what... history shows us this. but there will always be another group in their wake.

im really not sure why they dont target someone like microsoft.. but id assume its to do with the same reason they failed at trying facebook. the security team is just far better at being on top of things. if sony could learn from nintendo or facebook, then they will be a much more secure company in the end.

How do DDOS attacks prove how good the group is at hacking? This seems more like aggravated assault for hire rather than a movement with a purpose. Interesting how these guys contradict themselves at every turn.

from what I know, LulzSec uses old and very simple methods for hacking. DDoS is probably the simplest since LOIC is just a script kiddie kind of tool, however LulzSec has been known to do more. SQL injections are obviously the next line of simplistic offense.

Of course, most hacking is done through phishing and spear-phishing so yeah...
btw, here's a link to back plenty of what I've just said in case you don't believe me:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13671195

It's probably a hacked PBX, come on people.

It will be traced back as far as the usual hack can be, if it is at all.

Sony should get a whole bunch of automated dialers and keep their line busy... DDOTS

Hey lulz, why don't you leave my games alone and make yourselves useful by bothering Iran/China for a while? Pick on someone your own size.

Next headline - Lulzsec members arrested get intimately acquainted with Bubba.

These guys aren't freedom fighters (taking down Minecraft and Eve!?) there just idiots hacking anything they can think of and laughing all the way to jail rape.

Yep, and until now the only reason they could get away with it is that there was no incentive for authorities to actually put forth the effort needed to put a serious efforting into tracking down members of the group but as they go after more and more targets, without rhyme or reason it will result in 3 things.

1. They will loose what little support they have within the community

2. Governments will use their actions to justify new laws and restriction on the internet and thanks to these douchebags most people will support the new laws.

3. Various government will finally decide enough is enough and track down an ever larger number of them and lock them away (and they should put a webcam in their cell so their "friends" can see how well they get along with Bubba so they know what they have in store for them.)

You guys are hilarious, this is what they want, you guys to be pissed.

I guess their point is, if your not ddos protected WTF are you doing as a company on interwebs if your big, minecraft, OK, eve online(maybe funds) but escapist mag and so on.

I know several law enforcement people who ddos for fun, and just say: maybe one day they'll learn to fix it, cause its in reality simple.

so your law enforcement might be involved, they didnt steal anything, its one hour, and then everyone rages.
Maybe they will fix it eventually, they complain about it being hard, but it isnt that hard for some bigger companies.

If I called and asked for a cheeseburger, fries and drink, do you think lulzsec would deliver? :p

Now now guys, let's get them to attack the RIAA/MPAA before wishing prison on them. It's for a good cause.

I guess their point is, if your not ddos protected WTF are you doing as a company on interwebs if your big, minecraft, OK, eve online(maybe funds) but escapist mag and so on.

Unless you're Google, Amazon or equivalent, a big enough ddos is going to take you down. It's a matter of network resources, not security measures.

It's like sending 500,000 people to the local McDonald's to eat at noon - if your McDonald's is the size of Florida you'll probably be OK.

new tag for lulzsec - "lulzsec - it really isn't that funny."

Lulz Security® (LulzSec), the world's leaders in high-quality entertainment at your expense

"At your expense"
They've written it all along, I just hope they like oil so I have less to do.

They are only doing DDOS crap to be dumb and upset people.

The majority of what they are doing is SQL injection and they are probably just using the same one over and over on all these sites they have broken in to. So either all the servers they have attacked have not been properly patched or they know of an exploit that no one else does yet. Aside from that they also attack apache servers mainly so I am sure they found something else no one ever updates.... wait.... apache!

What they are doing is wrong but at the same time all these companies are just showing how much they don't care about our personal information and I know a lot of people will say who cares but some of us like to stay private and keep it that way. I find that most people don't give a crap about something unless it happens to them anyways and that is a sad way to live.

I suppose to rephrase my last statement maybe the companies care but the people running the networks really suck at what they do. Kind of like your neighbor who says hey I can fix that and than causes you more harm than good :D

If someone/group is determined enough and has the skills to compromise a network, they simply can. Check out the malware that compromised thousands of Iranian industrial companies, namely Nuclear plants.

If something like Stuxnet can be produced (the most advance bit of malware ever) im pretty sure little groups of script kiddies can definitely compromise your average business/gaming website/database.

Nothing is foolproof, its just what business have as countermeasures to react to the attacks.

Hance why Facebook can easily ward off these sorts of attacks (even if Lulz didnt release the thousands of user names and passwords) because they employee people who are monitoring their networks and zero day releases of such information. The face that they suspended all the accounts that were compromised within about 30 minutes of their release explains A LOT about their security team.

Now i'll eat my words if they do compromise a company like Google or Microsoft, but your average company (including HoN, LoL, Eve) don't stand a chance in hell!!!!

Tee,

It's long been known that with the proper knowledge it's easy to pick most lost door locks, so if I break into your house and take all your shit does that mean it's your fault for not having a better lock?

Tee,

It's long been known that with the proper knowledge it's easy to pick most lost door locks, so if I break into your house and take all your shit does that mean it's your fault for not having a better lock?

This is a poor analogy. A better analogy would be that you gave me $1,000,000 in assets in trust that I would hold onto it securely. I put it in my house and leave the door open and put signs on the front yard proclaiming how much money I have.

What do I care if all your money gets stolen? Other people have also given me money too, and much more than just $1,000,000.

I suppose to you, the act of stealing that money is wrong!

but I would propose that the act of leaving the door open is just as wrong.

Update: LulzSec is now reporting that it is forwarding its call-in number to the customer support lines of various businesses, including magnets.com and World of Warcraft. "Our number literally has anywhere between 5-20 people ringing it every single second. We can forward it anywhere in the world. Suggestions?" the group tweeted.
These guys will be used an excuse for the creation of an "Internet Police/Anti-Terrorism Freedom
Force".

I wonder if any of these groups have popped up on FBI/NSA/CIA radars lol.

You guys are hilarious, this is what they want, you guys to be pissed.

I know several law enforcement people who ddos for fun, and just say: maybe one day they'll learn to fix it, cause its in reality simple.

so your law enforcement might be involved, they didnt steal anything, its one hour, and then everyone rages.
Maybe they will fix it eventually, they complain about it being hard, but it isnt that hard for some bigger companies.

Unfortunately you must have little clue that, short of patching exploits, there is little to do to prevent a DDOS. Sure you can mitigate some of it but its impossible to just prevent it. Short of having a larger pipe than the DDOS attack, it is difficult to have 0 downtime.

Tee,

I am not saying most people could break in to a computer even if you showed them how as technology is a very tidious thing to people and so they won't spend a lot of time messing with it anyways.

A lot of variables are involved in your analogy like say, I moved to Detroit I would be stupid not to buy the best security I could unless of course the stuff I was securing was of no importantance to me and I could careless if anyone took it and sold it.

I am simply saying these companies know the risks that are involved with holding on to our personal data this is not a new thing and their are plenty of standards and compliances out there they need to follow, this information is even public knowledge! So as much as I want to defend big companies I cannot. However plenty of other very large companies do a very good job at protecting our personal information so if they can do it why can't these billion dollar a year companies do it? To much work?

Back