Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Rumored to Step Down This Fall

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
According to Hollywood insider newsletter Ankler, which has a good track record of predicting industry shakeups, Kathleen Kennedy is expected to step down as the head of Lucasfilm later this year. She is reportedly “tired of the job” and “burnt out.”

The Star Wars fandom is still recovering from backlash caused by Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which echoed a significant tremor in the Force. Rian Johnson is taking a portion of the heat for “ruining” the childhood of many Star Wars fans across the galaxy. However, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy isn’t without “blame,” in fact, many Star Wars fans are asking for her resignation after Solo: A Star Wars Story‘s poor performance at the Box office.

I will never forgive The Last Jedi for introducing hyperdrive mass torpedos into the Star Wars canon

Or making it so that when a ship "runs out of fuel" it suddenly stops and kind of falls over. It's fucking space. That shit will continue on its course for eternity at nearly max speed until it encounters enough gravity wells that it slows down. FUCK.

Wonder how much of the 'burn out' is due to directives from Disney HQ to produce a certain type of movie? Many of Ms Kennedy's previous movie credits pretty well define 'blockbuster'.

I will never forgive The Last Jedi for introducing hyperdrive mass torpedos into the Star Wars canon

Or making it so that when a ship "runs out of fuel" it suddenly stops and kind of falls over. It's fucking space. That shit will continue on its course for eternity at nearly max speed until it encounters enough gravity wells that it slows down. FUCK.

The beauty of the HD torpedo makes it up for me.

Yeah, the ships just stopping was stupid, but I knew physics was out of the equation when they used space B52s to bomb the dreadnaught.

At least they didn't double down and ruin the Han Solo orgin movie.

That's just it. Kathleen Kennedy and her cronies have doubled down on social media by continuing to spout their political bullshit and alienate their customers. The worst part is neither her, nor Rian Johnson understand why the last two films failed to meet expectation and were met with criticism. People don't care that Rey is female. They don't care about Jyn from Rogue One being female. What matters is that Rey is a Mary Sue and that they are guilty of terrible writing and bad storytelling. The treatment of existing characters like Luke Skywalker has been horrendous and there are way too many obvious, yet missed opportunities to make these movies great that the writers were oblivious to. Characters like that purple haired chick in The Last Jedi made no sense and acted poorly for characters in that position and circumstances. All she had to do was share her plan or inspire some fucking trust in her subordinates and there would have been no issue. The scene was contrived and just plain stupid.

She's been lambasted for her stupid comments. She defends her own bad decisions and those of Rian Johnson or even JJ Abrahms by stating that people who don't agree with them hate the new movies because they are sexist or racists, Trump supporters etc. Calling people names when they don't agree with their position is a time honored tactic of the far left. It doesn't matter how many times we point out that we are fine with female leads or black leads so long as the characters are good, well written, cast, etc. No one bitched in the male dominated 1980's about Ellen Ripley from the Alien movies being female. She was a good character and that's all that mattered. The issue stems from badly written characters that only exist in that form to push a political agenda.

Last edited:

I don't have a problem with the Hyperdrive scene. As far as the fuel bit, I'd have to rewatch that movie (which I have no desire to do) but it makes sense to me that while in range of the Star Destroyer's guns, the problem is that the shields would have a finite power supply which would eventually fail and leave them vulnerable to those guns. However, given that they were being chased by a fleet, it's hard to understand how the Resistance flagship could have held out against guns from all those ships. MonCal cruisers have always had less shielding and offensive capabilities than their Imperial counterparts.

I don't have a problem with the Hyperdrive scene. As far as the fuel bit, I'd have to rewatch that movie (which I have no desire to do) but it makes sense to me that while in range of the Star Destroyer's guns, the problem is that the shields would have a finite power supply which would eventually fail and leave them vulnerable to those guns. However, given that they were being chased by a fleet, it's hard to understand how the Resistance flagship could have held out against guns from all those ships. MonCal cruisers have always had less shielding and offensive capabilities than their Imperial counterparts.

The movie specifically stated that the ships kept out of the range of the First Order's weapons. They were "too fast" for the First Oder's fleet to get in and destroy them.

The movie specifically stated that the ships kept out of the range of the First Order's weapons. They were "too fast" for the First Oder's fleet to get in and destroy them.

Except, this wasn't true. The ship was taking fire the entire time as I recall. They just couldn't bring enough firepower on them to overcome the shields. Again, shields would have a finite power supply and would fail eventually. At least, that would make sense to me and be the real danger. Not, running out of fuel and slowing down. Also, they were able to do significant damage with fighters and I'd think that big ass Star Destroyer could have launched enough fighters to take the ship down. Again, the scene makes no sense in any way that mirrors reality, even in the framework of a Star Wars film.

That's just it. Kathleen Kennedy and her cronies have doubled down on social media by continuing to spout their political bullshit and alienate their customers. The worst part is neither her, nor Rian Johnson understand why the last two films failed to meet expectation and were met with criticism. People don't care that Rey is female. They don't care about Jyn from Rogue One being female. What matters is that Rey is a Mary Sue and that they are guilty of terrible writing and bad storytelling. The treatment of existing characters like Luke Skywalker has been horrendous and there are way too many obvious, yet missed opportunities to make these movies great that the writers were oblivious to. Characters like that purple haired chick in The Last Jedi made no sense and acted poorly for characters in that position and circumstances. All she had to do was share her plan or inspire some fucking trust in her subordinates and there would have been no issue. The scene was contrived and just plain stupid.

She's been lambasted for her stupid comments. She defends her own bad decisions and those of Rian Johnson or even JJ Abrahms by stating that people who don't agree with them hate the new movies because they are sexist or racists, Trump supporters etc. Calling people names when they don't agree with their position is a time honored tactic of the far left. It doesn't matter how many times we point out that we are fine with female leads or black leads so long as the characters are good, well written, cast, etc. No one bitched in the male dominated 1980's about Ellen Ripley from the Alien movies being female. She was a good character and that's all that mattered. The issue stems from badly written characters that only exist in that form to push a political agenda.

*slow clap*. Well done, sir.

The badly manufactured "reason" is that the Resistance ships were able to stay out of effective weapons range. They could hit them but the directed energy weapons dissipated too much by the time they reached the ships to do more than give off a harmless light show.

I won't even try to get into all the stupidity of the so called battle. None of it made any sense whatsoever.

Fuel, fuel and more fuel. Plus the OJ Simpson freeway chase scene.
warning; contains spoilers

The badly manufactured "reason" is that the Resistance ships were able to stay out of effective weapons range. They could hit them but the directed energy weapons dissipated too much by the time they reached the ships to do more than give off a harmless light show.

I won't even try to get into all the stupidity of the so called battle. None of it made any sense whatsoever.

That explanation isn't really any better either.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I hope someone can get in and try to fix the franchise. I liked Rogue One. Last Jedi? Sucked. Solo. It was ok, but I have no desire to see it again.

Preach it! Easiest way to tell if someone is an sjw? If they blame their failures on people being racist or sexist. Such people who are too narcissistic to look in the mirror and accept their own shortcomings and look to improve are by definition the very essence of the social justice Warrior cadre.

Sadly there is no reasoning with narcissistic assholes who always think they are right and can shut down any conversation by whipping out the term "racist" or "sexist". Such mental midgets are beyond reason.

bring George Lucas back!...save the franchise!

I wouldn't do that either. He's responsible for the horrid prequel trilogy. That said, I think you could let George sketch out a rough timeline and framework for the plot and then leave the details and the writing of dialog to someone else who understands what the fans want to see.

What do expect from films that ignore Newtonian physics. lol
Hyperdrive ramming was fine and works TBO.

The beauty of the HD torpedo makes it up for me.

Yeah, the ships just stopping was stupid, but I knew physics was out of the equation when they used space B52s to bomb the dreadnaught.

Yeah, the B52 stuff was kind of a WTF is this shit when there was Y-wings and and whatever the sideway flying crosses were called in ROTJ.

Fuel, fuel and more fuel. Plus the OJ Simpson freeway chase scene.
warning; contains spoilers

Can't remember if I watched that one yet, probably everything-ish.

What do expect from films that ignore Newtonian physics. lol
Hyperdrive ramming was fine and works TBO.

That's probably the only thing I don't have a problem with in that scene.

Yeah, the B52 stuff was kind of a WTF is this shit when there was Y-wings and and whatever the sideway flying crosses were called in ROTJ.

Those are called "B-Wings."

Last edited:
The hyperdrive ramming makes no sense in Star Wars because then why didn’t they just do that to kill the Death Star in the first film?

The B-17 bomber bay crap and whatever I’m fine with, but that hyperdrive suicide crap really didn’t make any sense.

Thanks for the good news! The damage is already done as far as sequel trilogy is concerned but hopefuly side stories can now focus on making good movies with good stories as a first priority.

I wouldn't do that either. He's responsible for the horrid prequel trilogy. That said, I think you could let George sketch out a rough timeline and framework for the plot and then leave the details and the writing of dialog to someone else who understands what the fans want to see.

Exactly. Lucas is still a great storyteller, but the issue was that no one could/would tell him when he made dumb decisions - Jar Jar, the Ewoks, kiddie Anakin. The story line of the prequels was actually quite good; the dumb elements (Jar Jar) combined with terrible dialog and acting ruined them.

She's built like a steak house but handles like a bistro

Exactly. Lucas is still a great storyteller, but the issue was that no one could/would tell him when he made dumb decisions - Jar Jar, the Ewoks, kiddie Anakin. The story line of the prequels was actually quite good; the dumb elements (Jar Jar) combined with terrible dialog and acting ruined them.
I know taking a dump on the prequels is the thing to do apparently, but Im sorry to me they are much better than anything Disney has put out. I was watching a bit of the Phantom Menace the other and found myself quite entertained.. that didn't happen with TFA, RO.. TLJ was so bad I laughed a lot so yeah I was entertained, but I am not sure it was meant to be taken as Spaceballs 2.

The physics was terrible and obviously so to even none science minded people but there were parts that were worse.......which is saying a lot.

The physics was terrible and obviously so to even none science minded people but there were parts that were worse.......which is saying a lot.

Never understood this. Star Wars is not science fiction, but science fantasy. It was never about accurate space physics. That's for Trekkies.

There are far more egregious issues with the plot and infection of politics to the SW universe than some implausible technology.

bring George Lucas back!...save the franchise!

Think long and hard about that for a moment.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg1dvDxMsk2X5ublw8arDt9D-avZtuMScoOLO6-3PoRAe461DY.jpg

I remember discussions about a scene cut from The Phantom Menace. The Trade Federation had surrounded and blockaded Naboo, then landed their robot army and subdued Naboo. Towards the end of the movie there was supposed to be a series of short scenes where the Trade Federation ships participating in the blockade started complaining with the Trade Federation commander about all the revenue they were losing because smugglers were moving goods through the trade routes their ships were supposed to be patrolling. Since the planet was subdued, they argued that a large blockade force was no longer needed, and asked to be released from the blockade. Eventually the Trade Federation ships started deserting to return to their 'franchise' regions, leaving the Trade Federation commander with his command ship and two unarmed fleet tugs.

This makes perfect sense to me, and I have no clue why you would cut it from the movie.

Does anyone remember 'The Abyss'? It was a very good Cameron movie that was supposed to be about 3 hours long, but the studio chopped the shit out of the end of it until it no longer made any sense.

Does anyone remember the movie 'Demolition Man'? In the very last scene of the movie Sylvester Stallone grabs Sandra Bullock and kisses her, and she giggles and they walk off together. In the original script, instead of being pleased she was supposed to stop for a moment, stare into his eyes, and then start vomiting. That change alone would have made a 'B+' action comedy movie into an 'A' action comedy movie.

Executive power ruins good movies.

I remember discussions about a scene cut from The Phantom Menace. The Trade Federation had surrounded and blockaded Naboo, then landed their robot army and subdued Naboo. Towards the end of the movie there was supposed to be a series of short scenes where the Trade Federation ships started complaining with the Trade Federation commander about all the revenue they were losing because smugglers were moving goods through the trade routes their ships were supposed to be patrolling. Since the planet was subdued, they argued that a large blockade force was no longer needed, and asked to be released from the blockade. Eventually the Trade Federation ships started deserting to return to their 'franchise' regions, leaving the Trade Federation commander with his command ship and two unarmed fleet tugs.

This makes perfect sense to me, and I have no clue why you would cut it from the movie.

Does anyone remember 'The Abyss'? It was a very good Cameron movie that was supposed to be about 3 hours long, but the studio chopped the shit out of the end of it until it no longer made any sense.

Does anyone remember the movie 'Demolition Man'? In the very last scene of the movie Sylvester Stallone grabs Sandra Bullock and kisses her, and she giggles and they walk off together. In the original script, instead of being pleased she was supposed to stop for a moment, stare into his eyes, and then start vomiting. That change alone would have made a 'B+' action comedy movie into an 'A' action comedy movie.

Executive power ruins good movies.

There were lots of these examples in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the woodchucks, the Atomic explosion that Jones survived, the tree monkey scene, all bad decisions that Speilberg didn't want in the movie because they were too fantastical, even for a Indiana Jones movie,but Lucas insisted they be left in.

There ...but Lucas insisted they be left in.
...yes, yes but if you haven't seen it yet : How Star Wars was saved in the edit; , so maybe if we lock george and his -ex in a box we might get good star wars movies again

If you haven't seen anything by Ethan yet and need some catharsis try some of his videos;

I mean how can one not like the man that brought us Slave princess Tico:

Back