LSI Adapter won't recognize GPT drive?

valorouswon

Weaksauce
Hello,

I got a LSI 9211 8i with 8 SSDs in regular JBOD mode for simple reading. My OS is GPT windows 10 so I wanted to make everything GPT (for when I eventually upgrade chipsets). It recognizes only the MBR SSDs, any way to change this? I set everything to UEFI in Bios but there's no option for PCI UEFI or whatever that may be. Weird because my OS is GPT style.

Specs

GA UD5 x79
Samsung Pro 850, Evo 850, evo 840, Crucial m4, etc
Windows 10 64x
LSI 9211 8i

My gut tells me it's just the adapter. I had to flash this Bios to the newest firmware just so my mobo could read the LSI in general.

Note: The GPT drive is recognized in Windows 10 through diskpart, I also formatted and created a new partition, but it's not visible in Devices and drives in My Computer

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you go to "Manage" under My Computer does it show up in the disk management?

I have a 9211-8i and it shows all my GPT formatted discs without issues (HDD not SSD though).

Yes I can see it, it's just not coming up in Devices and drives so I can't access it. It's set to EVO 2 (D). Is it a setting in windows 10?

Lol I almost bricked myself by flashing backwards with Bios, since qflash doesnt work unless you're updating. Good thing this is Dual bios. PHEW! CMOS reset didn't work either.

Some say Healthy partition, others say healthy active partition, primary partition. Doesn't matter since they can all be read except this one newly cleaned and converted SSD.

Also, I have an internal 6tb HDD, reading fine through the sata bay, so it's definitely the LSI. It's flashed to the latest firmware.

Solved - Had to format it again for no reason, then assign a different letter other than the origina "D". Weird. Thanks

Back