• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LSI 9240 solaris Driver Install issue

ajssbp

n00b
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
21
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the LSI drivers from the LSI website (the 9240-8i drivers). When I do pkgadd, it says to remove existing drivers. OK, it has SUNWmegasas installed, I do pkgrm SUNWmegasas, returns saying cannot change working directory to /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWmegasas/install so removal fails. Without removing the existing driver, I cannot install the new driver, and hence no IBM 1015 working in my system. I get this same error message in both OpenIndiana as well as Solaris Express 11. Am I missing a modifier in the pkgrm command or something? Anyone have some insight? Thanks.

-Adrian
 
Nope, says unknown controller. I'm not sure how/if I can force the SUNWmegasas to apply to the card, but it doesn't seem to automatically
 
Did you follow this tutorial?

It worked for me when I was using my m1015 with the stock firmware.
 
Did you follow this tutorial?

It worked for me when I was using my m1015 with the stock firmware.

I sort of followed it. I already had OI installed, so I didn't have to try to SSH in or anything like that. I did however, try that procedure when I booted off the Solaris Express 11 disk (I figured if it worked I would just overwrite my OI install), but still got the same error.

-Adrian
 
there is no real upside to keeping the default M1015 firmware so I would stop wasting your time and flash the card to LSI firmware, re-install OI since you've prob damaged the default driver OI uses, profit.
 
Last edited:
The chipset I have is one of the ones known to have issues with reflashing the card to the IT firmware (intel 5000 series). Since I know there is a pretty good chance of it being unable to be flashed, I would just rather get the driver working if possible.
 
You don't have a different system you can use to flash it? I know that's not what you're asking for here, but you seem to be stuck and no-one knows why, including me :(
 
Update:

So I got the drivers to install and the drives themselves able to be seen in OI 148. I followed This guide (post #60) and installed the older 3.03 version of the drivers instead of the newer 4.26. I have no idea why this older version doesn't complain about another driver requiring uninstall, but for whatever reason it didn't. It installed beautifully, rebooted, and voila! drives are seen and accessible from the M1015.

I still don't get how/why it wasn't working with the 4.26 drivers, but it seems to be working at the moment.
 
I read something about solaris using mpt_sas driver or mr_sas driver or something. The point is that there are two different drivers, depending on if you use LSI 9240 or LSI 92.... something. Both are very similar, but uses different drivers. One driver sucks, the other works good.

Verify you are using the correct driver.
 
Back
Top