Low profile folding video cards?

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Messages
15,832
are there any ATi cards that will run folding that are low profile? aka fit in a 2U case?
 
Depends on the low profile you're looking at, half height, or single slot?

The X1950's that just came out have single slot, but as for half height, I don't think there are any 18, or 1900 series cards.

 
p[H]ant0m said:
Depends on the low profile you're looking at, half height, or single slot?

The X1950's that just came out have single slot, but as for half height, I don't think there are any 18, or 1900 series cards.

Yeah is going to be looking for them to go into a server so half heightish. Probably going to be a while before any are out.
 
p[H]ant0m said:
Depends on the low profile you're looking at, half height, or single slot?

The X1950's that just came out have single slot, but as for half height, I don't think there are any 18, or 1900 series cards.



2U servers, so half-height...

unless I can get some PCIE x16 reisers... hrmm :confused:
 
I know dell has the pcie risers on the 2950s now, i think the latest DL380s do as well. You should be able to use a x16 in an x8 riser as long as it's not slotted just to except x8 cards.
 
I think dim01 did up a 1u, must have had a riser.

x1600 not worth buying for GPU client I think, outproduced from a PPD point of view.

I dunno about this whole GPU mess, kinda a huge pain in the ass. If it's for a dedicated folding box cool, general usage machine I'm not sure yet.
 
FLECOM said:
2U servers, so half-height...

unless I can get some PCIE x16 reisers... hrmm :confused:


This was my first though. A PCI-E riser card can be had for just a few bucks. Probably a better bet.
 
Viper87227 said:
This was my first though. A PCI-E riser card can be had for just a few bucks. Probably a better bet.

Running in Crossfire would not happen, but a riser should be your best bet as long as the case supports it.
 
Back
Top