Low profile 90 degree fitting

I am looking for a low profile 90 degree fitting. So far all I've found is this

https://koolance.com/fitting-single-black-swiveling-elbow-low-profile

Does anyone else have any recommendations. I am working within an SFF case so I don't have much room

I had a similar problem in my recent build. In the end, nothing with a swivel wound up fitting. I wound up using a fixed 90 degree bend, and as luck would have it, it settled in a position such that I could attach a second swiveling bend to the first one, and point it in the direction I needed.

See this post for a description and pictures of my tight fit, and this post for the solution I found.

Otherwise, never be too timid to break out the Dremel and MAKE a fitting fit :p

I had a similar problem in my recent build. In the end, nothing with a swivel wound up fitting. I wound up using a fixed 90 degree bend, and as luck would have it, it settled in a position such that I could attach a second swiveling bend to the first one, and point it in the direction I needed.

See this post for a description and pictures of my tight fit, and this post for the solution I found.

Otherwise, never be too timid to break out the Dremel and MAKE a fitting fit :p

Thing is, the tight space is right off the cpu block with the panel in the way so if I take a dremel to it, it will ruin the case :(

I am looking for a low profile 90 degree fitting. So far all I've found is this

https://koolance.com/fitting-single-black-swiveling-elbow-low-profile

Does anyone else have any recommendations. I am working within an SFF case so I don't have much room
I have a couple of those. they're pretty nice, just make sure whatever you attach to them has clearance, as the female side is darn near against whatever the male side is connected to. Needs to either overhang, or be small enough diameter that you can at least screw it down after attaching something to it.

Aside from them, all I know of are the non-swivel fittings, and their placement almost relies entirely on luck (with a bit of wiggle room if your orings aren't completely mashed).

I have a couple of those. they're pretty nice, just make sure whatever you attach to them has clearance, as the female side is darn near against whatever the male side is connected to. Needs to either overhang, or be small enough diameter that you can at least screw it down after attaching something to it.

Aside from them, all I know of are the non-swivel fittings, and their placement almost relies entirely on luck (with a bit of wiggle room if your orings aren't completely mashed).
Good advice. Have to also keep the OP link in mind if I should need something like this. Have run into some strange cases out there in the course of the years working on other techs installed desktops.

If you can't hook a barb or compression fitting directly to that, and a taller swivel fitting wont work, there are several brands with extension fittings in various lengths which should be small enough diameter to work. Most of the reputable brands include dimensions, so compare them to the koolance fitting and see what works. ;)

Edit: Had to do a bit of math because koolance didn't provide the height of the block alone, but instead the block+plug, and the length of the threads that protrude out the bottom. 17mm is the magic number.

Looks like either ADT-XMM (the short knurled extension, and probably the longer ones too), or ADT-SMM (the swivel extension with flat faces) will work, although you won't be able to swivel the one with flat faces if it is directly against something (likely), so you'll have to position it before installing the short 90 to whatever.

Also keep in mind the short 90 uses two separate pieces, a block and threaded plug. The plug had a hole drilled up the center, and four ports cut iirc. Flow could be restricted if they don't line up with the outlet in the block, but it's also a 90-degree fitting, so...anyway, there's an oring between the top of the plug and the block, and another between the block and whatever you're attacking it to, and just a couple mm of threads at the bottom, just fyi.

Last edited:
If you can't hook a barb or compression fitting directly to that, and a taller swivel fitting wont work, there are several brands with extension fittings in various lengths which should be small enough diameter to work. Most of the reputable brands include dimensions, so compare them to the koolance fitting and see what works. ;)

Edit: Had to do a bit of math because koolance didn't provide the height of the block alone, but instead the block+plug, and the length of the threads that protrude out the bottom. 17mm is the magic number.

Looks like either ADT-XMM (the short knurled extension, and probably the longer ones too), or ADT-SMM (the swivel extension with flat faces) will work, although you won't be able to swivel the one with flat faces if it is directly against something (likely), so you'll have to position it before installing the short 90 to whatever.

Also keep in mind the short 90 uses two separate pieces, a block and threaded plug. The plug had a hole drilled up the center, and four ports cut iirc. Flow could be restricted if they don't line up with the outlet in the block, but it's also a 90-degree fitting, so...anyway, there's an oring between the top of the plug and the block, and another between the block and whatever you're attacking it to, and just a couple mm of threads at the bottom, just fyi.

I am using an EK Velocity block (forgot to mention that)

Back