Low gpu usage after mobo bios update

ElementBilly

Limp Gawd
After updating the bios on my Gigabyte x58a-usb3 motherboard, my gpu usage has gone from 99% in most games to 0-50%, Iv tried different video drivers, different bios versions including going back the the version I was previously on and nothing is fixing it. Iv set bios settings to optimized defaults too. Im not really sure what else to do from here, any suggestions?

all system specs in sig

You may need to reflash your board, otherwise it's running at x4 or x8 instead of x16 in the lane. I'm not sure, just a shot in the dark. Have you reseated the card? You could probably try putting the card in the second x16 slot.

Tried clearing CMOS and not just a settings reset?

Maybe post a screenshot of GPU-Z running under load.

Try flashing the older BIOS that you had before you put on a new one. We'd probably be able to tell if it's the board or the BIOS itself.

Try flashing the older BIOS that you had before you put on a new one. We'd probably be able to tell if it's the board or the BIOS itself.

Iv tried 3 different versions and im on the original bios I started with now, so maybe the board is screwed up?

has the frame rate dropped or are you just going by GPU usage in your concerns?

I guess I should have specified which tab on GPU-Z. The main one please. :)

Do you have another system to test the card with? To see if the card somehow decided to take out a mortgage for a farm.

OK so PCI-E looks fine and clocks look fine. What about your CPU? Is it performing properly or is it possible bottlenecking your GPU to where it doesnt need to run at 100%?

See how the rest of your system checks out. Trying the card in another machine is a good suggestion too. Or trying another card in your machine.

So last thing I did was try a fresh install of windows on another drive and im still seeing same issue, so im almost fully sure its harware related.
What about your CPU? Is it performing properly or is it possible bottlenecking your GPU to where it doesnt need to run at 100%?
cpu shows around 50-60% usage in task manager while gaming. Which I belive is around the same % it was in the past while gaming. So at this point it has to be somthing related to the mother board or video card.

One thing iv noticed that has not happined in the past is all 3 of my screens flah like crazy before a games opens in full screen. they use to just open no problem without all the flashing.

I dont have acces to any other rigs or gpu. Iv got a 3770k and msi board in the mail, so hopefully my excuess to buy a new cpu will fix my problems.

I know that most of those games are not so cpu dependant, so you gotta problem. I thought your cpu might have been dragging you down

Just an update, All it working with new mobo and cpu. Gigabyte told me to rma my old board with them with it most likely having a corrupted bios.

Back