Lots of Intel stuff at SuperComputing 2016

Shintai

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
5,677
https://www.servethehome.com/new-intel-xeon-e5-2699a-v4-skylake-ep-details/
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-demonstrating-broadwell-ep-fpga-package/
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-omni-path-updates-at-sc16/
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-xeon-phi-updates-sc16/

Intel-Xeon-Skylake-EP-Coming-2017-SC16-800x381.jpg

Intel-Deep-Learning-Inference-Accelerator-Coming-2017-SC16-800x379.jpg

Intel-Xeon-Phi-Kinghts-Mill-Coming-2017-SC16-800x392.jpg
 
Screw AI

I am 100% anti- replacement of Human Intelligence. Call me old school but we all know what happens at the end of the movie.
 
Screw AI

I am 100% anti- replacement of Human Intelligence. Call me old school but we all know what happens at the end of the movie.
This AI is more for big data I believe. Better data sets for massive data.
 
Screw AI

I am 100% anti- replacement of Human Intelligence. Call me old school but we all know what happens at the end of the movie.
AI won't get anywhere near Human Intelligence for a while. And for specialized crunching, AI happens to be the best.
 
Screw AI

I am 100% anti- replacement of Human Intelligence. Call me old school but we all know what happens at the end of the movie.

Humans are eliminated and our digital progeny spread forth into the universe, bereft of the petty bullshit that drove their creators?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruoh
like this
Humans are eliminated and our digital progeny spread forth into the universe, bereft of the petty bullshit that drove their creators?

Nah I would rather not be trapped in a controlled universe, a big server somewhere, floating in the cosmos for millions of years beholden to some digital despot. I would be free being dead over some fate like that. Screw transference to the machine realm, I do not want to transcend the flesh to become silicon or beyond. Plus I am faithful in higher powers and have hope in that as being a reality in stead of lights out darkness non-conscious that was it kinda result.
 
Screw AI

I am 100% anti- replacement of Human Intelligence. Call me old school but we all know what happens at the end of the movie.


1000% of the people that makes these type of comments are not only biased toward A.I. but have been severely and ignorantly influenced by Hollywood. Because of some movie, you honestly think machines will turn on us. Have you ever for once considered how ludicrous this must sound?
 
1000% of the people that makes these type of comments are not only biased toward A.I. but have been severely and ignorantly influenced by Hollywood. Because of some movie, you honestly think machines will turn on us. Have you ever for once considered how ludicrous this must sound?


Im not sure if I should even reply because you clearly are not able to see current reality. We already have AI algorithms that collect everything about you, your face, your favorite places you eat, public cameras that face scan you where ever you go, the fact that governments are trying more and more to eliminate privacy and human liberty in order to further control society and the movement of people. And this is all powered by technology. As humans we have the ability to feel and think with empathy towards others and seek justice where it is honestly required. Machines do not have that ability and will not harbor any sense of care or concern for the well being of others, they just crunch numbers and always pursue the most logical route.

I am not going to argue with you. The ridiculous thing is in your blind faith that humans are not nefarious enough to create AI that is even more nefarious. Im done with this. Also given the fact that there is only a possible 100% in a quantifiable measurement process it is impossible to define a quantity of 1000%.

I am going to guess that you are one of those types that would rather have a robot change your clothes and wipe your anus than you do it your-self,

I can go on and on with quotes from world famous business leaders whom are on the cutting edge of Technological development and their rational fears of AI. Here is just one ...

Speaking at the MIT Aeronautics and Astronautics department’s Centennial Symposium in October, Tesla boss Elon Musk referred to artificial intelligence as "summoning the demon."

I think we should be very careful about artificial intelligence. If I were to guess like what our biggest existential threat is, it’s probably that. So we need to be very careful with the artificial intelligence. Increasingly scientists think there should be some regulatory oversight maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish. With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon. In all those stories where there’s the guy with the pentagram and the holy water, it’s like yeah he’s sure he can control the demon. Didn't work out.


from this site: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ple-are-not-concerned/?utm_term=.b29f674b48b5

The point that folks like you do not see, probably due to institutional inbreeding, is run-away AI. If we let it get smart enough to take control of it's own destiny we have run-away AI and we have no prediction nor do we have any control over how fast and what model of personality if any, AI can develop extremely rapidly if left to it's own devices.

Again I am not going to argue further on this thread. I don't have the energy to debate unless I get paid money.
 
Last edited:
Again I am not going to argue further on this thread. I don't have the energy to debate unless I get paid money.
You have enough energy to write down a post that demonstrates you have quite literally no knowledge of what AI can or can't do, however.
 
Back
Top