• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Lost x-fi install CD

pelayostyle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
171
I seem to have lost my x-fi mx install cd and cant seem to find the creative mode switcher anywhere online. Im assuming that it was on the cd right ? If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where i can find it , that would be great. Thanks
 
Thanks but this isnt what i need. I need access to the mode switcher. Anyone else know where i can get this?
 
I just installed the latest drivers from scratch and the audio console that comes with it has mode switching.

From scratch = I just reformatted and reinstalled the latest drivers from creative's website.
 
I am thinking he wants the little tray program that you right click on and select the mode. That is the Creative Volume Panel. For some crazy reason, it is not included in the driver updates.
 
pelayostyle said:
I seem to have lost my x-fi mx install cd and cant seem to find the creative mode switcher anywhere online. Im assuming that it was on the cd right ? If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where i can find it , that would be great. Thanks

The creative mode switcher sucks, forget it.

http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html

XFMC is much better, it can auto-switch modes depending upon what application you're running (eg. BF2), and you can just left click the tray icon and switch modes anytime. Also it doesn't come up with a dumb warning message which forces you to pause your music just to change modes, it just ignores that error and you can change modes.

Code:
    *  Change between modes using a convenient tray base interface
    * Setup application profiles, so every listed application always start in the correct mode
    * Smart Mode Change (tm) ;-), let XFMC decides what mode to change to based on your currently active application
    * Change mode, run select Creative applications and change mixer values with the convenience and speed of hot keys
    * See what mode you're currently on using a visual indicator in the tray icon. No more hovering your mouse over the volume panel icon just to see what mode you're in now :-)
    * Change between modes using command line arguments in your favorite batch file or script for zero memory footprint operation
    * Mixer function to control the master volume, bass and treble

No more running Battlefield 2 in Entertainment Mode now :-D
 
Been there, done that with that program.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. The author even says all it does is simulate the keystrokes sent to the Creative Audo Console to get the job done.
 
Met-AL said:
Been there, done that with that program.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. The author even says all it does is simulate the keystrokes sent to the Creative Audo Console to get the job done.

Wow, you mean he didn't do a rewrite of the entire driver suite? What a lazy bum.

... Unless it doesn't work for you I don't see how the method of implimentation is important. For me it fulifills all the promised features, and the normal Creative Audio Console has none of these features - not a hard choice to make.
 
if you still need it I will zip my entire install CD for you but I have no idea where to upload it to (i think its quite big)
 
Jay_oasis said:
if you still need it I will zip my entire install CD for you but I have no idea where to upload it to (i think its quite big)

Rapidshare is probably best bet.

EDIT: Post on Steam much?
 
Hvatum said:
Wow, you mean he didn't do a rewrite of the entire driver suite? What a lazy bum.

... Unless it doesn't work for you I don't see how the method of implimentation is important. For me it fulifills all the promised features, and the normal Creative Audio Console has none of these features - not a hard choice to make.

No, I mean it doesn't work ALL the time. He even asked for Creative to release some sort of info on the app so he could do it the right way over on Creative's forums. He was ignored.
 
Thanks for all your help guys. I actually found somone on the creative forums that uploaded .iso images of various install cds to his fileserver, the x-fi install cd being one of them :)
 
Met-AL said:
No, I mean it doesn't work ALL the time. He even asked for Creative to release some sort of info on the app so he could do it the right way over on Creative's forums. He was ignored.

Thank you!
 
Back
Top