lost window password?

2niceguy

Weaksauce
Hi all,
Please help me out. I got Dell Laptop and i forgot the password. So, i could not log in when starting window. What should i do? or reinstall window.
thank you

when you are turning on your laptop, before it logs on to windows it asks you for your password?

I think what he is saying is that his Administrator profile requires a password. So it goes to the login screen every time he restarts.

And sorry, I don't know how to fix that. A quick google should help though...although I suppose someone here will know.

I think what he is saying is that his Administrator profile requires a password. So it goes to the login screen every time he restarts.

And sorry, I don't know how to fix that. A quick google should help though...although I suppose someone here will know.

if what you say is true riley...what windows do you have? (asking niceguy)

xp comes with a standard administrator account with no password by default, so if u need to change the password of another account you can use the following method:

1. boot the computer up in safe mode (press f8 at boot)
2. select administrator from the user menu, by default there should be no password
3. go start>run>cmd
4. type: net user username *
5. enter new password, confirm new password.
6. reboot and login with new password

note: on part 4 username means the name of the user account you want to change the password of, for instance: net user 2niceguy *
dont forget the asterix its important.

good luck :)

I used a 'trinity rescue' cd the other day, worked fast and pretty easily to change the password

Get OPHCrack and boot with it. It takes awhile, but it will show you what your password is.

Back