Lost Ark (Hack & Slash)

I'm up to about level 30 just past getting my personal stronghold. I like the game so far as a long term time waster and the combat is fun. Not really into the personal plantation master with workers, ships and crew. Just seems to much to do as more of a farm sim/crafting thing to do.

Just got my house and unlocked the auction house too - level 30 now.

I'm a little bummed that all these trade skills you get and no crafting gear/items? Or am I missing something?
Loot is abundant enough, but I would have liked to seen a bit more self efficiency here. Correct me if there is crafting, I don't see it.

Anywho, for the most part; I think this is a game that will be forgotten over the years, but it's just what I need right now. Zero intensity, easy point and click progression and the cut scenes aren't all that bad for an mmo. The siege was pretty sweet I thought.

Final note - I tried PVP (Annoying and frustrating to set up that book thing before you enter), and wow! PVP is effing hard.

I can't fully give an assessment just yet as I would like to reach lvl cap and see what kind of endgame content there is. So far, it's an okay game to get me by this week or two until I can start playing Elder Ring.

Deathblade spec is fun, very fast and addictive play style, but a bit squishy.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I'm a little bummed that all these trade skills you get and no crafting gear/items? Or am I missing something?
Loot is abundant enough, but I would have liked to seen a bit more self efficiency here. Correct me if there is crafting, I don't see it.

Crafting items is pretty much all done on your island. You don't craft gear that I've seen so far; it's basically running end-game dungeons and taking your drops and upgrading them with your resources or taking your dungeon currency and buying gear from a vendor.

Not sure where to go right now. Hit level 42 and am pretty sure the main quest on the first continent has ended.
I got my ship and sailed around and ended on a northern continent a bit higher level than me.

I knocked out a side quest or two - but the main story is at a standstill it seems. "Finding the Arks mission - says find the ark 1/7". Doesn't give a location.

Any ideas for those of you who got off the first continent?

Not sure where to go right now. Hit level 42 and am pretty sure the main quest on the first continent has ended.
I got my ship and sailed around and ended on a northern continent a bit higher level than me.

I knocked out a side quest or two - but the main story is at a standstill it seems. "Finding the Arks mission - says find the ark 1/7". Doesn't give a location.

Any ideas for those of you who got off the first continent?
Next continent is Arrika (sp?). You should have a quest to go to the port.

Yup, they stop the hand holding once you have your ship and leave the port. :)
Lol I see that.

Which isn't bad. Pick an island and go for it. I ended up going to the small island before Arrika. The one with the miniscule sized people.

Lol I see that.

Which isn't bad. Pick an island and go for it. I ended up going to the small island before Arrika. The one with the miniscule sized people.

Me too because that was one of the blue quests. Not sure if it is essential or not lol. Have not sailed to Arrika yet.

I do like Lost Ark, but don't love it...but then, I do keep coming back to play it every day for a good hour each time, and really have a lot of fun.

I am alt-holic have a Paladin level 27, and two different Assassins in each spec, Deathblade level 27 the other Shadowhunter 18, I really do like the warp speed fast attacking and just fun play style of both Assassin spec's. Overall I am having fun leveling up so far, just taking my casual time, no major hurry. And the Scenarios are very exciting, as well as dungeon runs in a group party.

It's funny I unsubbed from WoW last Summer, but re-subbed for 9.2 last week. I've played it twice since the new patch, and I just can't get into it, WoW feels so boring and stale to me now. Doing all the new quests and stuff in 9.2, just feel painfully slow, and combat in WoW takes too long to kill random mobs in the new zone, fights take awhile, and feel lame, and not much fun, the game feels more like a chore, not a fun way to spend my time. Where Lost Ark for whatever reason, just is so fast and action packed, and fun with cool, etc...

Last edited:
Lol I see that.

The quests that started there led me to my 2nd Ark. I think I spent a couple hours there, just hit 42 and now I'm at some tournament thing somewhere else.

What happened to the [H] guild?

Tried some matchmaking scenario and it could not form a group, not enough players.

Is this games popularity already fading away?

What happened to the [H] guild?

Tried some matchmaking scenario and it could not form a group, not enough players.

Is this games popularity already fading away?
It's gone down a bit but there are still a ton of players. Also Elden Ring.

Personally, I quit once I got to 50 and saw that it was just a constant grind on the gear score treadmill and was quickly getting to the point where it felt like the game doesn't respect my time. Also Elden Ring.

Last edited:
I'm playing Lost Ark very casual still, only have 2 level 30's and 2 level 20's or so.

I find the game fun especially group scenarios. But I got play for about 45 minutes max before I get bored each time.

I still don't understand a whole bunch of stuff about this game with these gems and potions and other things I have no clue what to fucking do. I'm just playing for fun hack and slash monsters and group up and dungeons.

We'll see if I ever make it to 50 on any character?

Last edited:
You guys and gals still playing? I took couple months off, just loaded up again today.

Playing very casual. It's fun if not playing seriously [H]ardcore.

Back