Loose Wire on Seasonic SS-600HM 24 Pin Connector. Help!

toy4x4

I love a BIG TEXAN COCK!
Ok, while swapping out my MB, I noticed I have a loose wire on my 24 pin connector. It is a small orange wire that was bent so the area of pin 1, 2 and 13 side. Anyone have a Seasonic power supply that can look to see which pin it actually goes to?

For reference pin 3 has a small black wire going into it with the other normal wire. So I assume the orange is the same.

Any tips for getting the pin out? I have the CaseArts Molex tools but can't seem to get the PSU one to go on both sides of the pins.

Ok, got one pin out (pin 2) and just need some help with verifying which pin the small orange wire goes to.

Thanks in advance!

Orange is the 3.3v from the power supply and per the ATX standard pinout that wire should go to either pins 1,2,12,13.

Trouble is from what I gather, it that this small orange wire is thinner than the others and was likely piggybacked (connected with another wire on the same pin).

If I had to guess, and I have to, I would guess that the wire you are talking about is a voltage sense wire that helps the power supply monitor the actual load/voltage on the main 3.3V big orange wires and it would not matter too much, if at all, what other orange wire (pins 1,2,12,13) it was paired with assuming there are all bigger orange wires in locations 1, 2, 12, 13.

Just a good (I think) guess and I take no responsibility.

keep in mind that the -5V may or may not be on the connector (no longer required for the ATX 2.0 spec) so it is possible that a pin, typically pin 20 with a white wire, might be empty but NOT be the place for that orange wire you are talking about.

It could be also possible that I am completely wrong.

http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml

Yeah, not worth frying anything. Especially me new i7 setup.

Back