Loop disassemble and rad storage?

Camaroz06

Gawd
Hey-o,

I'm starting to disassemble my X58 i7 920 loop in the sig. need the desk space and going to use my laptop for awhile then build a new system at the end of the year.

I want to make sure I clean out the blocks and rads so that I could maybe part out the board, video cards and related blocks...going to keep the rads, CPU block (heatkiller 3.0 copper) and use those on a future build. What's the best way to clean everything out without having to pull the blocks apart and ensure they go to the next person in best condition? Same for the rads, should I just run some boiling water through everything and let air dry?

Loop has been run with distilled water and a silver coil, no additives besides the coil.

All advice appreciate!

Thanks

Hot water and air drying should be sufficient, especially if there has been no sign of growth.

If you have just been using distilled and seen nothing green growing then as Tsumi said just flush everything with hot water, let it dry, and job done. If you want to make sure then just set up a temp loop and run water plus 10 percent vinegar solution for an hour then flush a couple of times with distilled

I pull my blocks apart to check that the fins and orings arent gummed up and to make sure they are dried out properly. Ive been unpleasantly surprised one to many times by a wet blocks after growth. I also use plugs in my rads and or put my blocks in plastic bags when i store them. In my experience its better to be safe if you have plans to reuse something.

I pull my blocks apart to check that the fins and orings arent gummed up and to make sure they are dried out properly. Ive been unpleasantly surprised one to many times by a wet blocks after growth. I also use plugs in my rads and or put my blocks in plastic bags when i store them. In my experience its better to be safe if you have plans to reuse something.

If you want to be 100% sure and have access to a vacuum sealer, you can leave the plugs out and suck ALL the air out of the bag and store it in there, I personally would double bag it because of all the sharp edges but that's just me. It might be the only way to ensure the stop of bacteria growth because of the lack of oxygen for it to feed on.

That and if you get a vacuum sealer, your steaks and other frozen goods will be fresher for longer :)

Back