looking for two 17" lcds

jlee1

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
96
Hey all,

For the new school year, I'm putting together a new desktop computer. I was trying to figure out what type of screens to use... I considered widescreen 20 and 23" displays, and then the new 19" sony 12ms lcd... but it seems to me that my money would be better spent on a dual 17" lcd setup, because I find that kind of setup to be very productive for coding. I will be playing games on the machine (doom3, halflife2, etc), so I'm hooking up a geforce 6800nu. I'm probably going to get the XFX one on newegg that has 2 dvi ports.

Anyway, what 17" lcds do you guys recommend? It's been a while since I've had to purchase hardware, so I'm a little out of the loop. I'm looking to spend about 800-900 for the pair.

Thanks,

Jonathan
 
Well, I guess I'm committed now. I just won a 710T (brand new, sealed) on ebay for $400 + $35 s/h. Good deal? I was going to pay $510 shipped for one on dell.com.
 
jlee1 said:
Well, I guess I'm committed now. I just won a 710T (brand new, sealed) on ebay for $400 + $35 s/h. Good deal? I was going to pay $510 shipped for one on dell.com.

Yeah, as long as you don't have any immediate problems with the seller, and the monitor has a warranty, sounds like you saved a bit. Now just go get another one :)
 
if you're going to buy another one, look in the hot deals section. you can usually get one for around that price (450ish) with coupons from dell.

it's a pretty sweet screen, i just got one and another is in the mail along with the xfx 6800 with dual dvi ;)
 
fugu said:
if you're going to buy another one, look in the hot deals section. you can usually get one for around that price (450ish) with coupons from dell.

it's a pretty sweet screen, i just got one and another is in the mail along with the xfx 6800 with dual dvi ;)

ah shit! so you did end up getting the 6800 =)
 
gizo said:
ah shit! so you did end up getting the 6800 =)

yep, thanks for the pictures the other week. i just couldn't stand the CRT right next to the 710t and was debating about buying another lcd. then i got doom 3, and my ti4200 just couldn't handle the game. i figured i might as well solve both problems at once, so i ordered the 6800 (non-ultra) and the other 710t last week ;)
 
Back
Top