Looking for the best 27" or 30" Display for me

Should I get HP ZR30W for $650 on craigslist? $650 for IPS monitor is awesome deals. Is there anything i need to know before buying HP ZR30W?

Considering I paid twice that for mine, I'd say for $650 you're robbing that guy blind :)

The NEC PA series screens have a measured input lag at 35ms or approximately two frames worth of delay, which is middling for an IPS screen and poor compared to most gaming TN displays out there.

Again, PRAD.de seems to have comprehensive reviews and goes into a good deal of detail. TFTCentral.co.uk is also a very nice resource which is less heavy on the technical jargon. Both sites have reviewed the NEC/HP/Dell screens so you can compare them on there.

Either way, I'm bummed Planar replaced the PX2611W with a cruddy TN panel for the newer model. I'll probably just sit this generation out until LG can release a display without a horrible coating or see what Samsung comes out with this their new PLS technology... although for color reproduction it doesn't look all that promising.

Yes, for hard core gaming the NECs are not optimum. I'm not a hardcore gamer even, and wasn't even in my young years so no biggie for me to have that 1.5 - 2 frames lag.

The worst part is, that the 26" panel in both A-TW and non A-TW form also had really smooth and noise-free anti-glare. This is partially the reason I can't get rid of my LCD2690WUXI. It is so smooth and easy on the eyes.

Thank you for advice. I am going to contact him tomorrow. I am worry that i heard a lot of horrible story about local sell on Craigslist. Maybe, i should give a shot.

Thank you for advice. I am going to contact him tomorrow. I am worry that i heard a lot of horrible story about local sell on Craigslist. Maybe, i should give a shot.

Should probably actually test it prior to exchanging hands though. I wouldn't just take it out the back of a trunk and hand them cash.

I'd def. give it a shot. Bring a laptop that can support the resolution, if possible. And try test screens to look for dead pixels?

Anyone know the best/fastest way to test for dead pixels? I think I remember reading somewhere that creating an all blue/red/yellow/green/Black/White etc would make them easier to spot.

Back