Looking for SPU + case, $200

GN85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
252
I'm building a computer for a friend, and I have a budget of 200 CDN (so around 170 US) for both a case and PSU.

Core 2 Duo E8500
4 gigs of ram
ATI 4870
1 HD, maybe another later.

So I guess a 500 watt PSU should be enough, right?

The PSU should be good quality, and the case should be good looking (he wants a transparent side). I know antec makes case/PSU combos, but they're not particularly nice. Could you guys suggest other cases with good quality power supplies? Or perhaps a good combination of PSU and case?

Thanks.
 
lol an nvidia case would be pretty funny. I wouldn't mind at all, wonder if my friend does.

My friend was actually looking at the Antec nine hundred, but isn't it noisy and a dust machine, with the big fan on top?

Thanks for the suggestions btw.
 
IMO, the RC-690 is the better case due to its better cable management features.

It is a very nice case, tbh its the Nvidia/ATI thing that made me disagree with you nothing more.

As for the 900 its pretty quite, the fans are tri-speed fans so can be adjusted if its too noisy. Dust is an issue but a couple of cheap filters on the front fans and its greatly reduced.
 
My friend was actually looking at the Antec nine hundred, but isn't it noisy and a dust machine, with the big fan on top?

It's definitely a dust magnet, since the front mesh doesn't have any filters behind it. The RC-690, by comparison, does have foam filters behind the front panel mesh which do a very good job of keeping out the dust.
 
Back
Top