Looking for precision GPS handheld device.

Mopower

Gawd
I'm in the telecom industry and my company is going to start doing fiber to the home deployment. I need a highly precise handheld GPS device that I can use to map locations where fiber optic cable is being laid.

I've never used the handheld Garmin units but is there anything that is accurate to within a foot?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm in the telecom industry and my company is going to start doing fiber to the home deployment. I need a highly precise handheld GPS device that I can use to map locations where fiber optic cable is being laid.

I've never used the handheld Garmin units but is there anything that is accurate to within a foot?

Thanks for any advice.

HUH? It is done on purpose. It was highly accurate but they introduced jitter so you could never get accurate values. You might try a device that has multiple modes like ones that also works with Glasnost. It is even more inaccurate than GPS but using both modes might give you a a cross hair kind of accuracy. You could always go to Pakistan and buy one of the military GPS locator's which are accurate to a foot. Available in most north west frontier territories.. I dont think they sell them on line. Only way to get one outside of Nato would be to swipe a shipment that goes over the Khyber pass.

So much misinformation. It is not done on purpose. The purpose-introduced error was removed more than a decade ago from GPS. The reason why consumer GPS units aren't as accurate comes down to physics and cost. Go look it up. Having GPS and Glonass support concurrently won't do much either. I already linked a device that will do it that's readily available in the US.

I forgot I made this thread.

I found a Spectra MobileMapper 120. It is suppose to be accurate within a foot if used correctly. Hope it works.

This device is quite good but not so much exited after a particular time. You will feel bore with the use of its feature.

Back