Looking for powerfull good value for money solution

ritch1

Weaksauce
I’m looking for a single card configuration to run games on a 24” monitor. Its been a long time since I upgraded so need a few pointers. I’m looking to spend about £450 for a good solid card that is reliable, POWERFUL, no overheating or driver problems. I want to be able to play new games and it would be nice to run Crysis, have had it a while but not been able to play it!

So for that price what is the best value for money at the moment, I cant keep up with the ATI v Nvidia war :)

yeah i'm hearing good things about the 4890. I cant believe they are going so cheaply while the top range Nvidia cards are twice as much. do the ATI cards match Nvidia performance wise?

You can get that XFX for £40 less here: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-XFX-HD-4890-PCI-E-20-(x16)-Mem-3900MHz-GDDR5-GPU-850MHz-Cores-800-2x-DL-DVI-I-HDTV

£140, including tax, is a decent price for a 4890 in the UK. If you want a slightly more powerful card, I got my GTX 285 for £230, including tax and shipping. Personally I think the 4890 is better value for money, but quite happy with my GTX 285.

Back