Looking for NIC

Lepard

Gawd
I need some assistance in locating a NIC for my ESXi 5.5 build. I need a PCIe x1 (v2.0) card with at least dual ports. However, I'm having the worst luck in finding something that fits this mold. Intel would be the ideal solution but Broadcom should work as well.

Any assistance is appreciated.

if the PCIe x1 on the motherboard of your choice is open ended, it will take a regular PCIe x4 card

I think you will end up having to mod an x4 card or your slot. Easy to mod the card with a hacksaw. Only consider Intel NICs (or OEM equivalents... Dell XF111 should be available for cheap)

No need to mod apparently... my x1 slot is open ended and is compatible with a x4 card. Now the question is, would this hamper the performance of the dual or quad nic card?

No need to mod apparently... my x1 slot is open ended and is compatible with a x4 card. Now the question is, would this hamper the performance of the dual or quad nic card?

x1 has 250MB/s of bandwidth available in each direction, so a 2 port card should be ok. A 4 port card would be limited to a total of 2gb/s in each direction.

Back