• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for new power supply.

Rebeldawg

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
251
My power supply went out on me recently and luckily I had a spare one which isn't as powerful but it's getting the job done atm so I am looking for a new power supply. The psu
I am currently leaning towards is the one below but if anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Also, my current specs are listed below and I plan on adding a blu-ray burner, possibly a ssd drive, and a gtx 660 depending on it's performance when it's released. Thanks in advance.

Current Specs:
Asus H67-M Pro
Intel Core i3-2120 @ Stock
Seagate 500 gb hd
G.Skill Ripjaws X 8 gb


http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1393382
 
That CX 500 watt is overpriced for its performance and specs.

There's an Antec modular 400 watt power supply that goes on sale for ~$20 after rebates every so often. The CX 430 V2 also goes on sale for ~$20 slightly more often, although it's much inferior in quality and features.

Anyways, 400-500 watts should be all you're looking for.
 
I recommend this budget PSU over that OCZ:
$64 - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU

No MIR to deal with and don't have to deal with OCZ's CS.
 
That CX 500 watt is overpriced for its performance and specs.

There's an Antec modular 400 watt power supply that goes on sale for ~$20 after rebates every so often. The CX 430 V2 also goes on sale for ~$20 slightly more often, although it's much inferior in quality and features.

Anyways, 400-500 watts should be all you're looking for.

The CX 500 gives him 2x PCI-E power leads. He'll need it for the video card otherwise I agree the CX 430 V2 is a good deal normally, but it's the same price as the CX 500 at the egg.
 
Back
Top