Looking for more PSP games to play. Suggestions?

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
Have PSP
No HDTV
Old PC
No $$$ for new tech :(
Need suggestions for more PSP games

Here is a list of:

Games I thoroughly enjoy
Dead Head Fred
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Daxter
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone: Liberation
Resistance Retribution
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
The 3rd Birthday
Metal Gear Ac!d
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Star Wars: Lethal Alliance
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Games that didn't quite stick
Little Big Planet
Persona 3 Portable
LocoRoco
Patapon
Lumines
Secret Agent Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Jeanne D'Arc
Midnight Club 3:DUB Edition

Games added to my "to play" list as per your suggestions
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Castlevania: The Draula X Chronicles
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception

Games I MIGHT add to my "to play" list as per your suggestions
Tekken Dark Resurrection - Is this a fighter game? Not big into fighter games because I gotta memorize button combos to pull off big moves.
Gradius Collection - Might get this as a time waster when I run out of time waster games on my Android
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Might hold off on this and play this on the new HD version for the PC. Looks fun though.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - Like I said before, not a big RPG gamer. Love Final Fantasy though. I might give it a chance.

Games I am searching for an opinion on
Corpse Party

I'm probably missing some that I have already played and loved. I hope I'm not out of awesome PSP titles to play. I enjoy RPG's, but I think my brain is very picky about what is enjoyable about them. Persona 3 ALMOST succeeded. It's hard to find one I like. Love flying/space games, but not many are made.

About to finish Vice City Stories. Going to try Chinatown Wars next, but I'm out of ideas after that. I have played Killzone, but not sure if I finished it. It was towards the first few games I played a long time ago. Might try it again.

EDIT: I think the problem with RPG's are the graphics. My brain like visuals, and there's not much action and visuals in RPG's. Lots of repetition from leveling and such. Still haven't quite figured out what exactly my brain enjoys and doesn't enjoy about RPG's.

Last edited:
Where is my Konami at?

y4eSwxml.jpg
wAC8njml.jpg
hOasOak.jpg

Ah yes, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker needs to be added to my list to play. Does that say Gradius Collection. Haven't heard of that will investigate. I might also add Castlevania: The Draula X Chronicles. Seen that one come up quite often, but the last time I played a Castlevania game was on the NES. Quite enjoyable then.

Still taking suggestions. Anyone have more?

EDIT: Watched trailers. I think I played a Gradius game a SUPER long time ago. NES days maybe? I emjoy arcade type games, but only as time waster. Might look into it when I run out of time wasting games on my Android. The Castlevania game looked awesome. I remember those little hearts from NES. I'll add this to my list of games to try.

Last edited:
Never played it but I was/am a big fan of that era of Ace Combat games on the PS2. Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception looks to be very similar to those but is on PSP.

Watch the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3dMqLn8Vqk

If you like flying games then this is probably a good bet.

Ah, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I love anime and the Japanese culture and have taken a break from them for a long time now. JRPG's can be fun, but like all RPG's, it's hard to find one that can hold my interest as they can be quite lengthy ESPECIALLY to someone like me who has a touch of OCD and must complete 100% of the game. Took a year playing Final Fantasy 7 on my first run.

I have watched a trailer and review and it seems like I might like this. HOWEVER, there seems to have been a re-release HD PC version just recently released. I may hold off on this game and play it on my future PC. I like the FF7 marteria-esque system implemented in the game.

Speaking of JRPG's, anyone played Corpse Party?

Any more game suggestions?

Another vote for Dracula X Chronicles. This is a remake of the PC Engine version that was a massive hit in Japan way back when. And the original is also playable as an easter egg. I have not played many PSP games, but this one was easily the best of the bunch I have seen.

Tekken Dark Resurrection is probably the last truly great game in that series and the PSP version of the game is just as good as it's PS2 big brother. It's a massive game with lots of tutorials and practice modes to help you learn it, too.

Well, I am going to say that I spent more time playing Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on my PSP than pretty much anything else. Very in depth with a ton of content. Good luck getting 100% of the content.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions are must play games IMHO.

Don't forget you can play some PS1 classics. Square was having a sale on many Final Fantasy games. Plus Chrono Trigger/Cross were pretty cheap ($10 for both?).

Valkyria chronicles 2 and/or 3. I heard at least one of them is really good.

If Jeanne D'arc didn't sit, Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre may not be your cup of tea, as it is essentially a watered down version of those two games, or maybe it is. I enjoyed all three but the latter two are just amazing games.

Don't forget, you can get a bunch of PS1 games on your RPG through PSN (Square is having a sale at the moment)

I believe Dracula X Chronicles also has Symphony of the Night on it no?

Ys games (Ark of Naphistim, Oath in Felghana, Ys Seven) are solid Action RPGs with awesome music.Naphistim suffers from some loading times though.

Lunar Silver Star Story

EDIT: Watched trailers. I think I played a Gradius game a SUPER long time ago. NES days maybe? I emjoy arcade type games, but only as time waster. Might look into it when I run out of time wasting games on my Android. The Castlevania game looked awesome. I remember those little hearts from NES. I'll add this to my list of games to try.

Gradius Collection includes 5 games, Gradius 1-4 and Gaiden.
Gaiden is the reason to buy, as it is the only international release of the game(PSX, Japan only), and it is most certainly the best Gradius ever made(Yes, better than 5).

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles includes 3 games.
The original Dracula X Rondo of Blood(PC Engine CD, only Japan), the 3D remake made for PSP, and the original metroidvania classic- the PSX game Symphony of the Night.
The new arranged Dracula X Soundtrack is AMAZING. This is a must buy if you have any remote interest in Castlevania and have a PSP. I recommend this over anything else, if you can only get one.

Lunar Silver Star Story

I have to second this suggestion. The PSP version (called Lunar Silver Star Harmony) isn't the best version of the game but it still very good. Even though Harmony is a remake (well a remake of a remake technically) it does still feel like an old JRPG, the original game came out in the Sega CD. All of the modern JRPG tropes are absent from the title, it's a fun very heartwarming story with a great cast. One of the biggest things to knock against Harmony is that it is an easy game, but despite that it is just very fun. It also has a really good sense of humor. For the localization XSEED took a lot of cues from Working Designs' localisations of the Sega CD and PSX versions so there are some laughs to be had. The game has a very good soundtrack as well. Some of the vocal music can get a bit "eh" as it's translated Jpop stuff but it's not bad, it's more a thing that people take note of when they're comparing versions. If I keep talking I'll just start comparing all the versions of the game but the PSX game is easily one of my favorite games and I love getting the chance to recommend any of the good versions of Lunar to people.

HOWEVER, there seems to have been a re-release HD PC version just recently released. I may hold off on this game and play it on my future PC.

I usually get bored with these games too but I'm almost 8 hours in and I'm liking it a lot.

You said you have an old PC and this "HD Remake" is not very HD lol it's actually kind of PSP blown up...Your old PC can probably run it just fine...

On Steam the system requirements:
Minimum:
Processor: Pentium III 550 MHz
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 32 MB VRAM, 3D accelerator compatible w/ DirectX 9.0c
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c

Recommended:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or higher
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 64 MB VRAM, 3D accelerator compatible w/ DirectX 9.0c
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c

half minute hero, Persona 3 (a must if you like story driven rpgs, hard as hell so dont underestimate the difficulty settings), FF4 remake, gta chinatown wars

and of course a whole mess of psx games and emulators if you get a custom firmware.
I would be more inclined to recommend aria of sorrow (gba), circle of the moon (gba), or symphony of the night (psx) over Dracula X myself

Katamari Demacy

If you're a fan of racing games there is Gran Turismo and Test Drive Unlimited too.

Would definitely recommend final fantasy tactics psp version. There are good visual effects in the game when you use characters special abilities.

tekken 5 and 6, run it on your PC or netbook via PPSSPP emu, grab a PS3 or xbox controller, and I swear you'll feel like gaming on a console...

Back