Looking for iPad Pro M1

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I am thinking of buying an iPad Pro M1 with 256 GB Storage.
My only doubt, is it worth to spend extra $ for cellular functionality? iPads without cellular don't have the option of using GPS in their maps.
Though I rarely use iPad for navigation. But occasionally the big screen with the maps is handy

I don’t think cellular is ever worth it for an iPad. Most of the time you will have Wifi, and the rest of the time you’ll have your phone and can tether it.

I don’t think cellular is ever worth it for an iPad. Most of the time you will have Wifi, and the rest of the time you’ll have your phone and can tether it.
Its the lack of GPS, in Wifi only model that i need. Yes i don't need cellular as I will always have Wifi connection at home and work and whole traveling can use hotspots.

Its the lack of GPS, in Wifi only model that i need. Yes i don't need cellular as I will always have Wifi connection at home and work and whole traveling can use hotspots.

Sounds like you answered your question, it will be worth it.

Apple also has a deal right now that you will receive $200 off if you activate with Verizon or T-Mobile so that would offset the extra initial cost when purchasing it over the Wifi only model.

Just get the cheapest plan option, I was looking into it (for T-Mobile) for myself and they have a deal right now that if you activate a tablet it was something like an extra $10 a month and that was it.

Can you tether from your smart phone? If so, then I don't see the need for the ipad to have a redundant capability.

Can you tether from your smart phone? If so, then I don't see the need for the ipad to have a redundant capability.
its not about connectivity, he wants the gps which is only in the cell version.

I don't see the point about GPS unless he's talking about hiking with no cell signal and relying on GPS in the Ipad (or other widget) for that purpose.

I assumed the OP ooriginally meant road / auto navigation - but if that's not the intended use case, never mind.

I don't see the point about GPS unless he's talking about hiking with no cell signal and relying on GPS in the Ipad (or other widget) for that purpose.

I assumed the OP ooriginally meant road / auto navigation - but if that's not the intended use case, never mind.
hiking, driving, whatever use. he wants gps but doesnt need the cell function and wants to know if its worth paying for. thats up to him.

If you really want it and you have the cash just get it. You'll be able to get a good chunk of your money back out of it on the back end. Higher end specs always retain the money longer on the back end on Apple products. I imagine if you wanted to buy a 1TB + Cellular, you'd be able to get a much larger percentage back out when it comes time to sell as compared to any of the base model units.

Most of the time I will use GPS in my iPhone 12 Pro Max. But sometimes you need bigger screen for detail navigation in case you are lost that's why I need GPS in the iPad, and if my iPad is lost / stolen (God Forbid) GPS will be the only way to track it.
I really don't understand why Apple doesn't fit GPS chips in non cellular versions of iPad

Tangential to the OP but I don't think GPS by itself will permit device location / tracking. I think its the cellular towers (which requires cellular). A personal GPS only receives signals not transmits. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Back