Looking for height adjustable desk

MrDuul

n00b
Want the most comfortable position, any suggestions on electric desks with height adjustment?

Never tried this, but this looks ok: https://www.autonomous.ai/smartdesk-sit-to-stand-height-adjustable-standing-desk

I'm using one of their chairs right now, and the chair is good. Not great, but very good bang/buck.

Funny, I was just considering that desk. I like that one of the designs has a little bit of desk space jutting out. I think it's more conformable to be able to sometimes put the mouse at the edge of the desk.

one of the big things, in my opinion is having desks that go low enough. Either that or having a keyboard tray.

I don't own a electric height adjustment desk but I did consider about it and researched a bit.

I think the Ikea one should cross out from your list from the start, there's just too much bad reviews about it.

Autonomous sounds like a good buy. A lot of good reviews

Other popular brands include
https://www.standdesk.co/
https://www.upliftdesk.com/
https://www.fully.com/jarvis-standing-desk.html
No one in this thread mentioned an ikea desk.
I am on my second ikea desk and I think they have both been good. I am surprised there are bad reviews. But, regardless, the one year return policy that ikea has is a huge plus so I wouldn't worry too much about bad reviews. This is all assuming you don't get hit with a very large shipping cost to ship it back.

I love my steelcase Ology. I got an L shaped desk personally but they come in many different configurations. The thing is built like a brick shithouse, goes up and down without straining even when fully loaded with all the stuff on my desk. Also, it goes literally as high or as low as you want.

I got mine with the digital preset control, so I programmed in preset heights. It always returns to the exact height I have preset, I highly recommend that option. There also a number of addon cable management things, including the little thing on the right side (check the attached photo) that allows you to run your power, network cables etc. cleanly down the side. I also bought a little basket that holds my USB hub, loose power supplies and excess cables. I was able to zip tie a Trip-Lite power bar to power everything on the desk.

Not sure if you made a choice or not but I see this thread seems to still be receiving replies so, if you are still interested in the info....
https://www.steelcase.com/eu-en/products/desks/ology/

Desk Sitting.jpg
Desk Standing.jpg

I love my steelcase Ology. I got an L shaped desk personally but they come in many different configurations. The thing is built like a brick shithouse, goes up and down without straining even when fully loaded with all the stuff on my desk. Also, it goes literally as high or as low as you want.

I got mine with the digital preset control, so I programmed in preset heights. It always returns to the exact height I have preset, I highly recommend that option. There also a number of addon cable management things, including the little thing on the right side (check the attached photo) that allows you to run your power, network cables etc. cleanly down the side. I also bought a little basket that holds my USB hub, loose power supplies and excess cables. I was able to zip tie a Trip-Lite power bar to power everything on the desk.

Not sure if you made a choice or not but I see this thread seems to still be receiving replies so, if you are still interested in the info....

Very nice setup; is that a Sennheiser HD 6xx I see on the left?

View attachment 78304 View attachment 78305

I really like when we have threads that go on for several years. It often results in a very comprehensive conversation.

What are the 2 items below the monitor?

Left monitor: Thermometer and Surface Pro

Center monitor:
Blue Yeti hiding between
Uniden scanner (mostly for listening to ham radio)
Sansui integrated amplifier to drive some Yamaha satellite speakers tucked behind the monitor. I used to have some nice PSB bookshelves but no room with the ultra wide monitor.

As I said, the mechanism on this desk has no trouble lifting everything. Also even in the standing position the desk is extremely stable. Also, I have had it for 2 years with no issues.

Want the most comfortable position, any suggestions on electric desks with height adjustment?

I would recommend looking into a "Fully Jarvis", they make a stand up desk that can be either powered or manual crank, comes in multiple sizes and configurations, and is 'reasonably' inexpensive for what you get. It has a 300+lb weight rating, 4 memory positions and various color options.

I've only owned one for a few months, but love it and it seems to be well reviewed every where I look. I'm just getting my Office back together after a daughter moved out, but here are a couple quick shots (center desk):

d4B7Ayv.jpg

QuY0ecV.jpg

I like mine which I got from Biomorph. It is probably a bit expensive compared to some other sit/stand desks today, but came with a lot of options.

71885_workstation2017.jpg

Last edited:
Most of these standing desks are almost the same top and legs. I ended up with an L shape UpLift Eco model because of a coupon I had, but many other brands have almost the same legs, capacity, tops, etc..

What about sit stand desk converters? Instead of a regular desk. Those seem to be more popular now.

What about sit stand desk converters? Instead of a regular desk. Those seem to be more popular now.
About 2 years ago when I was shopping around for options, the thing that I didn't like about those is that the up and down position was a small amount of height difference. That height difference was far less than the actual measurement of my hip to my knee. Perhaps there are some that have a more drastic difference in the up vs down position.

In the market for one as well, mainly since my current desk is two rectangle glass desks I put together from a cheapo L desk.

Currently leaning toward Uplift V2. Been looking at Autonomous too but I've seen mixed reviews. Mostly saying cheap parts and wobble. Fully Jarvis I think is comparable but Uplift has a little more customization (plus free floor mat).

I'm stuck between either the Jarvis or the Uplift myself. I want either in soild walnut top. Both look really nice and are priced similarly. It'll probably come down to whoever has better customer service.

I ended up with the Uplift and have been happy with it, there was a pretty good coupon at the time.

I bought an Uplift hanging drawer for mine and it was stupid expensive but pretty nice. Then I also used 80/20 to build a CPU hangar so... LOL.

If anyone is looking for research, I recently bought a desk. It is a Friant. Friant is a commercial brand intended for office settings, so you don't find them on the internet as far as the typical mail-order electric desk. AMQ is another very similar brand, they're almost interchangable. I got mine locally for $700 delivered/assembled with tax, and it's a 30x72. So far super happy with it.

I used to have a Steelcase electric and that thing was fantastic. I would own one for sure, but crazy expensive.

right angle looks competitive to Steelcase, and also crazy expensive.

It's pretty tough to wade through all the BS online with sit-stand desks, especially when half the review sites are run by the companies themselves. :/

Left monitor: Thermometer and Surface Pro

Center monitor:
Blue Yeti hiding between
Uniden scanner (mostly for listening to ham radio)
Sansui integrated amplifier to drive some Yamaha satellite speakers tucked behind the monitor. I used to have some nice PSB bookshelves but no room with the ultra wide monitor.

As I said, the mechanism on this desk has no trouble lifting everything. Also even in the standing position the desk is extremely stable. Also, I have had it for 2 years with no issues.
Why don't you mount the bookshelf speakers to the wall?

Back