Looking for Headphones

Trynn

n00b
Hi,
i need to get some headphones, because my old are broken now.
It's really hard to find a good review so that i can say, this is it! ;D

The headphones will be mostly used for VOIP, music and some gaming. But for me it's not important to "hear" where my enemy is - would be nice but the sound quality for music is more important. Also important is the quality of the materials. I really don't want that the cable is broken in 3 weeks because of some useless volumne-switch between, or one of the cups break off ;D I'm going to wear them 4hours+ sometimes - so this is also a crucial point. I think i'm going to spend up to 200$.

Is the Corsair HS1 a good choise?
I also read about the ATH-AD700 + extra microphone, but although i tried i'm not able to find a good mic ;D Maybe someone can share a link ;)

Thx in advance!

So, to specify my request a bit better i have found some headphones which looks interesting to me. Sadly, i'm not able to find out which one "is the better deal" ;D
Also none of them has a mic - so i need an external one. I'm a little bit unconfident about the extra cable i'll have then all the time ;/

So here are my current favourites:
* Ultrasone HFI580
* ATH-AD700
* AKG K240 MKII Semi-Open
* Gardo SR80i

Out of those, the AD700 is probably the best bet. You can also get them for a solid price on Amazon usually.

amazon has the hd555 for about the same price as the ad700 right now, might want to look into that also.

Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones with the zalman mic. Just got my second pair yesterday :)

Check out the BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro, I got mine for around $180-200. Perfect for my needs (gaming, rap and electronic music) but I also dont think you can go wrong with some AT's or Senn's.

Thanks to all for the your tipps. I just ordered the AD700 from amazon for 85$ now and get the zalman mic from a local store, if it's ok for me.

At last, it was a hard choice between the AD700 and HD555

Just missed it was going to mention I had HD280s for sale @ 60 shipped if you were interested. Hope the AD700s treat you nice = )

Back