• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for Headphones

Trynn

n00b
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
4
Hi,
i need to get some headphones, because my old are broken now.
It's really hard to find a good review so that i can say, this is it! ;D

The headphones will be mostly used for VOIP, music and some gaming. But for me it's not important to "hear" where my enemy is - would be nice but the sound quality for music is more important. Also important is the quality of the materials. I really don't want that the cable is broken in 3 weeks because of some useless volumne-switch between, or one of the cups break off ;D I'm going to wear them 4hours+ sometimes - so this is also a crucial point. I think i'm going to spend up to 200$.

Is the Corsair HS1 a good choise?
I also read about the ATH-AD700 + extra microphone, but although i tried i'm not able to find a good mic ;D Maybe someone can share a link ;)

Thx in advance!
 
So, to specify my request a bit better i have found some headphones which looks interesting to me. Sadly, i'm not able to find out which one "is the better deal" ;D
Also none of them has a mic - so i need an external one. I'm a little bit unconfident about the extra cable i'll have then all the time ;/

So here are my current favourites:
* Ultrasone HFI580
* ATH-AD700
* AKG K240 MKII Semi-Open
* Gardo SR80i
 
Out of those, the AD700 is probably the best bet. You can also get them for a solid price on Amazon usually.
 
amazon has the hd555 for about the same price as the ad700 right now, might want to look into that also.
 
Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones with the zalman mic. Just got my second pair yesterday :)
 
Check out the BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro, I got mine for around $180-200. Perfect for my needs (gaming, rap and electronic music) but I also dont think you can go wrong with some AT's or Senn's.
 
Thanks to all for the your tipps. I just ordered the AD700 from amazon for 85$ now and get the zalman mic from a local store, if it's ok for me.

At last, it was a hard choice between the AD700 and HD555
 
Just missed it was going to mention I had HD280s for sale @ 60 shipped if you were interested. Hope the AD700s treat you nice = )
 
Back
Top