Looking for headphone amp with rca pre-out ($250-$500)

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm shopping for an amp, and would like to find one that fits the following:

Hybrid or Solid State
RCA Pre-outs
Under $500

Currently I own Grado SR60i's, Sennheiser HD 25-1's, Beyerdynamic DT 990/250 Pro and I would probably try my Monster Turbine Pro Copper IEMs with it. Future plans would be either Denon AH-D2000, Fostex T50rp or AKG Q701 depending on where my listening takes me.

The Beyers and the Monsters are my two favorite options at home right now so those should be the priority if there are synergy concerns. My Grado's don't get used much.

I need the RCA outs to run my M-Audio powered speakers.

I've considered the Matrix M-Stage and the Schiit Lyr, but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

I was thinking Matrix M-Stage as soon as I read the requirements, and then you go and mention it on your own :p

Another solid recommend is the Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1. That one also has some powered speaker outs for passive bookshelves. *Just realized this one's only a tube amp. Not solid or hybrid. Oops.

i have a Beresford TC 7520 gatorized, and its fantastic, although im not a big headphone guy, this guy really shines as a DAC/ Passive Pre amp. supposedly there are better HP amps for the money, im in the reverse position as you as i have really nice speakers and cheaper headphones i barley use...i like this because in addition to my PC setup i use the also included line outs to a much higher end system on the main sitting area of the room.

Matrix M stage as you said, also consider Music Hall - ph25.2 and Audio-GD NFB-12

I was thinking Matrix M-Stage as soon as I read the requirements, and then you go and mention it on your own :p

Another solid recommend is the Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1. That one also has some powered speaker outs for passive bookshelves. *Just realized this one's only a tube amp. Not solid or hybrid. Oops.

yeah the A1 is only hybrid for the speakers...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I looked into all of them and I would say the Matrix M-Stage appears to be the front runner.

Back