Looking for advice on radiators and/or pump

Below Ambient

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been running a 3600x and just upgraded to a 3900x and I'm having a hard time keeping it cool... Running some remnants of an old fluid gaming system including the pump and the upgraded (lol) 360mm radiator in a push pull config... my idle temps are great and have been great running 6 core cpus (1600x, 2600, 3600x) but with this 12 core im seeing temps in ranges I don't really like (upper 80s using handbrake).. I've been wanting to upgrade my radiator for quite some time since what I've researched thus far is my little sp60 pump is more than capable of 450lph which you would think should be enough.. my radiator is 27mm thick so yeah upgrade is needed... I've been looking at a EK EX360... I just don;t want to be disappointed if I've been needing a pump all along... oh yeah block is a aquacomputer Kyros Cuplex so I've got that covered... just really wanting stable temps at 4.5ghz

Looks like you have more than enough radiator to cool a cpu. I would re-seat it first, bad contact happens, even after years of experience. As for radiators, I am going to continue to recomend HWlabs until there is a reason not to.

Are you mixing aluminum and copper components?
thats not the question... but yes i am and i use coolant... here is a picture of block after one year of use

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_175212708.jpg
    IMG_20200308_175212708.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200308_175217808.jpg
    IMG_20200308_175217808.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 0
You may just need to up the rpms on your rad fans or worst case get some fans that have better static pressure(im sure youve thought of that). Eks got some real poor performing radiators out there. The xe and ce rads are really solid but im not impressed with their other rads(thin ones). I agree with smoked briskets suggestion of hwlabs rads being the best performers right now. Ive been really happy with my hwlabs sr2 420, gtr 240 and gts 360 rads. So much so that im going to pick up a gtx 360 to add to my main rig and move the gtr to one of my secondary rigs.
If you do end up going with a new rad keep in mind that head pressure is a big factor in attaining good flow and that may be where your current pump is struggling if at all. Maybe grab a cheap flow meter to see if your in the ideal 1gph range.

I went ahead and got a used alphacooling st45...I really wanted to go with hardware labs but with the virus outbreak I'm down to working one day a week and will probably start selling off some hardware... Needless to say I did notice after a redid my loop I had the in and out backwards on my block...changed that around dropped 10c...thank you for the replies

Back