Looking for a spoon fed single PC on demand backup solution.

narsbars

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
3,331
I want to follow coloring book instructions to make bare metal backups of a single PC, 2 TB drive, and at least one secondary 1tb drive, on Windows 11. AMD based PC X570, 5900, 64 gigs ram. I have a number of external USB backups of varying sizes and don't care about speed. I might be able to stretch the budget to a plug and play for dummies solution software to go with what I have. I would like to simply make a backup, a 2nd a month later, then a third before recycling the 1st backup drive.
Please, this is all about budget and I cannot start building a NAS, tossing my slow backups for multiple NVMEs, or spend hundreds on a "best case" solution. I don't have enough grey cells to spare to follow highly involved solutions so that explains my need for a "Dummies" solution. My ideal is to hear that I should buy X software, or use X software free, connect external drive and push the big green button. By backing up everything I might be able to restore to a replacement PC if needed but at the least I will have everything and not have to choose which files to save and then say OOPS later when trying to retrieve a misfiled doc or keycode.
 
If day acronis or macrium reflect, I believe they can create a USB bootable media to be able to fully backup your drive
 
If day acronis or macrium reflect, I believe they can create a USB bootable media to be able to fully backup your drive
Totally forgot about Macrium after it became pay to play but I can still download the final free version. I will probably break down and buy the lifetime license $80.00. Thanks
 
If day acronis or macrium reflect, I believe they can create a USB bootable media to be able to fully backup your drive

Totally forgot about Macrium after it became pay to play but I can still download the final free version. I will probably break down and buy the lifetime license $80.00. Thanks

Hiren's BootCD has this and other "imaging" tools; this could possibly work for you... (and fits your definition of "all about budget")

Screenshot 2026-01-27 113104.jpg
 
he doesnt want imaging he wants automated/on demand backups. yes a paid version might work, but not the hirens one.
acronis or macrium paid are probably the best options, theres also easeus.
 
Last edited:
Are you saying you want to backup the 2TB drive to a collection of various USB drives, or you want to backup the USB drives to the single 2TB drive?
 
Back
Top